Sterling Forest.....

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a business trip in May that will take me to Sterling Forest, NY. Any areas around there worthy of me bringing my detector with me? I hunt mostly for Colonial-era items. But, would gladly dig wheaties at a local park if it helps to make my 4 day trip go by quicker.... I have only detected in 5 states and would like to make New York number 6.

Thanks,

Brian in MA

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
most colonial sites are off limits.but there are many parks in the area.brown's point in west milford,and a little park in awosting (forgot the street it was on) that has wheatie potential.there is a grassy town square of sorts in goshen that has old clam shells in the soil (colonial yummies?) I found while digging shallower i/h's.it is @ the intersection of main st and s church st.I have not detected it in a
few years but I had no problems(fill your holes).

p.s. if you find that park in awosting and get a wheatie signal under a fat root near the courts and manage to get it out can you
tell me what year it was.

thks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread