How long before we lose all NYC parks?

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did alot of diging around on why we lost Prospect and Owlshead park to detecting. As it turns out a group of people took video and pictures of a couple guys detecting, leaveing dug up trash on the ground and uncovered holes. From the people who i talked to that had witnessed this go on. It looks to be a couple of guys who are not detectorest by any means. Pick axes and shovels were used for recovery beleave it or not. Sad thing is if we are out detecting at the other parks and see this, and report it we just might shoot ourselfs in the foot. This action wasnt by detectorest who use a spade to cut a flap and recover. The nail in the coffin was the photos and video.

Lets try and protect what we have left to enjoy. Share any ideas you might have.

OP
OP
EZrider

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No person shall possess any tools commonly used for gardening, or any plant, tree, shrub or other vegetation, in any park except where such possession is specifically designated to be permissible by the Commissioner.
No person shall use a metal detector in any park, except in unvegetated beach areas. Use of metal detectors in other park areas will be permitted if the prior written consent of the Commissioner is obtained.

So did we lose it all? This was the only thing i could find on the parks site. Before it had a link to getting the permit.

Has anyone got the 09 permit this year? I will be going in person today, will let you know what i find out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions