NYC Permit for 09, new info

John987

Jan 13, 2009
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Compass X-80 Challenger, Yukon 77B Professional
That doesn't sound good. What is going to happen to our hobby?
John from Upstate NY

mramsoil

Mar 1, 2009
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i w/ Sunray DX1, D2, 6x9, & Detech 13" coils, BH300, Surfmaster Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spoke to Anika yesterday @ NYC Parks Dept. She told me that the city is coming up with a new application form. She said she hopes the renewals will be a web form to be filled out online. Either way, she thinks it should be about another week before things get moving again. ::)

OP
OP
EZrider

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They could be rewriting the rules on what or where we can hunt. Some places only allow beach hunting, others only allow surface recovery. It's going to be interesting to see how it all pans out. I'm hoping for the best. If anyone comes up with some solid info that would be great.

Mar 3, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70 , Ace 250
As my Cuzzin Vinny Would Say Fuh-get about it! .... You Live in Liberal Capitol USA , How Could you not Know that , the grass in the Lush medows of the beautiful Rat infested Parks Have Rights ??? , That the Rat burrows are protected by the Green Haired Activist living in the Village , who believe it is necessary for the survival of the species ::) , or the Homeless indivdual who may have lodged complaints to the parks Dept , because of the spare change you may have deprived him from :o.

LMC 620

Apr 29, 2009
Staten Island NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I spoke to Anika this past Friday Apr. 24, said it would be mailed on Monday. I received my application yesterday and mailed it out today. Shouldn't be long now.

LMC 620

Apr 29, 2009
Staten Island NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Follow up --- Received my permit yesterday. Called on Apr 24th, received and returned the application and had the permit in hand in 13 calander days. That is awesome for New York City, my hat's off to the Parks Dept for the speed in which they moved here.

I_Dig_NYC

Jan 25, 2008
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Back in early March I finally sent in my old 2008 permit for a renewal. After almost a two month wait  :sleepy2: I got a letter from the Park's Dept. Thought it was my new 2009 permit :occasion18: :headbang: .....  I opened it and found instead a NEW application to be filled out, again :dontknow:  photo copy license, rules, signature, blood sample, DNA sample blah, blah, blah  :read2: :evil5:....... AGAIN...

Still haven't gotten around to sending it out yet  AGAIN..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread