Metal detecting sites in the Hudson Valley area.

Pirat3

Tenderfoot
Apr 14, 2009
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I am getting a new metal detector soon (Ace 250 ;D) , but i was wondering if there was any sites anyone knows of? And if you know the rules regulations that would be great also :wink:

Also there are a couple abandon houses by me probably at least for 50 years and one found anything in these?

Thanks

Mar 3, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70 , Ace 250
I would visit http://www.metaldetectingworld.com Sergei is from the Albany area , scroll to the right , to My stories " Metal detecting in the USA " , allot of great info of upstate NY , anecdotes, photos , tips , and finds , Note there is more than one page per story so make sure you visit all the pages at the bottom . I followed some of his suggestions of where to look , and found allot of great areas to detect in my neck of the woods .
Also if you buy the ace 250 make sure you visit Youtube and type in ace 250 , since it is a popular detector there are many great tutorial videos . Happy Huntin This Season Brudda :icon_pirat:

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There use to be many places I lived in the Hudson valley all my life until moving to Florida in 1989. Do a little research and I think you Will find plenty of neat places to hunt.....

The Rhinebeck area was loaded with old colonial sites from what I remember...

Don't forget the library and look at some old Poughkeepsie news papers

andrewt

Jul 2, 2015
Orange County NY
Detector(s) used
Garret ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, New to the metal detecting and have been looking for some places around orange county to hunt. Any suggestion would be helpful or if anyone is willing to show me the ropes.

Thanks

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am in orange county as well. Shoot me a pm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread