Chautauqua / Jamestown NY

silvestor

Mar 2, 2008
Chautauqua County, New York
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT w/Sun Ray Invader XL-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
Hello fellow treasure hunter ;D

I live in central New York near Syracuse,
currently researching new sites for the year as well.
2009 was a real slow year metal detecting for me and I did not get out much.
I am hoping this year will be more like 2008.

Good luck this year!

HH,
Donny

OP
OP
silvestor

silvestor

Mar 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT w/Sun Ray Invader XL-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Donny I hope you have good year also :icon_thumleft:
I didn't get out much last year either as I was busy putting an addition on my house. I'm finishing up the interior right now. My plan is to put a deck on it in the spring which should give me the rest of the summer :icon_sunny: to swing the loop. :hello2: Just waiting for the snow to melt. Not bad though only have about a foot left and the forecast for the next few days should take care of most of it :laughing7:

I see you use the sun ray probe for your XLT. How do you like it? I am thinking of getting one as they look very convenient. I have a handheld I keep in my pouch but sometimes it seems like extra baggage. I have to have a pinpointer though. I'll turn around and gone back home if I've forgotten it.

Good luck this year and I 'm sure your research :read2: will pay off !! :thumbsup:

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
silvestor said:
I see you use the sun ray probe for your XLT. How do you like it? I am thinking of getting one as they look very convenient. I have a handheld I keep in my pouch but sometimes it seems like extra baggage. I have to have a pinpointer though. I'll turn around and gone back home if I've forgotten it.

It was the same when I bought the DFX 300. It felt like something was missing when I was using it for the first time. I had been using the Sunray on the XLT for so long that I don't feel right if I use a detector without one. I got one for the DFX too as soon as I could ;D
Picture this: You get a signal that sounds junky, but you think there may be something good in there.
You flip the plug and crap! The hole is full of rusty nails.
Flipping the switch on you Sunray from coil to probe, you unclip the probe from your detector and poke it around in the dirt and nails. Amongst all the iron readings you hear something positive.
In a few seconds you narrow the signal down to a wheat penny mixed in with the nails. Under part of my yard, there are buried ash pits from the 1950s filled with rusty objects and the odd coin here and there. So I know the Sunray is a big help and really works. Expect between 2-4 inches detection depth and being able to use the same program your detector is using with the probe!
It is really just like having a 1 inch coil you can flip a switch to at will.
In my opinion if you can afford it, get it.

HH,
Donny

OP
OP
silvestor

silvestor

Mar 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Donny

I will definitely be getting one Just a matter of getting the money. Been looking on eBay and the classifieds here. I'll buy a used one if I can get a really good deal or trade.

Thanks again and HH ;D

horseradish

Greenie
May 7, 2010
I am originally from Chautauqua County and still make it out there every once in a while, currently up near Syracuse.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread