Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mackaydon said:
Have you asked the Tioga Historical Society located at 110 Front Street Owego, NY 13827
(607) 687-2460?

I tried, but they got affected by the flooding we got a couple months ago. I tried e-mailing them, but havent received anything. I dont know where else to go

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mackaydon said:
Have you tried the Historian at the county library?
Try the Cady Library 607-699-3835
Yea, i can give them a call tomorrow...thanks man

gman7665

Mar 1, 2013
Campville New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mackadon, I helped to build / Clear the land for the Campville Commons in the late 1970's when I worked for Manpower growing up, Had a job at Hickories Park and most of that summer was spent clearing tree's from the Campville commons , When We started it was just a old forest? "a bunch of tree's and brush'...I currently live in Campville but grew up in Slowego 'LOL'... My Wife and I bought the Old " Belknap Farm " on Belknap rd./ /// Just ordered a Metal Detector to Dig it up...lol... Hope the info Helps...
Good Luck w/ Yer Treasure Hunting Mate...
Garry

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gman7665 said:
Hi Mackadon, I helped to build / Clear the land for the Campville Commons in the late 1970's when I worked for Manpower growing up, Had a job at Hickories Park and most of that summer was spent clearing tree's from the Campville commons , When We started it was just a old forest? "a bunch of tree's and brush'...I currently live in Campville but grew up in Slowego 'LOL'... My Wife and I bought the Old " Belknap Farm " on Belknap rd./ /// Just ordered a Metal Detector to Dig it up...lol... Hope the info Helps...
Good Luck w/ Yer Treasure Hunting Mate...
Garry

Nice! That sounds like a great spot! Good luck and if you ever want any company just let me know. I live in campville/apalachin

JOHUNT

Sep 24, 2009
Southern tier of New York
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garry, welcome to the forum and treasure hunting. I'm just to the east near Binghamton. That's some good info. Good luck with detecting the farm.
If ya' ever have a problem with coyotes and/or fox, just let me know. I hunt & trap them and I'm always looking for spots to hunt! Fox season closed last week, but coyote season goes until Mar.31st. I hunt them with a rimfire .22magnum so I don't bother folks with loud booms!

gman7665

Mar 1, 2013
Campville New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garry, welcome to the forum and treasure hunting. I'm just to the east near Binghamton. That's some good info. Good luck with detecting the farm.
If ya' ever have a problem with coyotes and/or fox, just let me know. I hunt & trap them and I'm always looking for spots to hunt! Fox season closed last week, but coyote season goes until Mar.31st. I hunt them with a rimfire .22magnum so I don't bother folks with loud booms!

We only Own 2 acers here It's whare the farmhouse stood...The cohorts pass by but can't shoot due to close neighbors :( LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread