Hey lets get together for a spring hunt!

KGCnewbieseeker

Oct 29, 2005
FL
any one interested in getting together for a spring hunt let me know. I live in upstate ny and would love to meet some fellow hunters. I dig pretty much anything coins, relics, ect... since we cant dig in this area during winter Im using the time to do research. if anyone has leads or ideas where we can head for a hunt let me know. I live in oneida county but can travel. :)

paluch545

Mar 7, 2006
watertown, ny
Where are you in NY? I am near watertown, but I tend to work between syracuse and utica alot. I would'nt mind having a hunting partner once in a while :)

Silverhawk

Oct 6, 2006
Seattle, WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett THD Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i'm on long island, but don't mind traveling a couple hours upstate for a hunt. keep me informed. :)

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello ! I'm in otsego county NY and I'm always ready to go treasure hunting ! ;D

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Endicott, NY

AOgden

Tenderfoot
Dec 15, 2006
Weedsport NY
Detector(s) used
Garret ACE 250
Hey, another new guy here. Currently live in Weedsport, grew up in Canastota. Just bought an Ace250 'bout a month ago. Always wanted a MD just never got around to it 'till now. Hope you don't mind showing a newb a few tricks.

SgtM8411

Greenie
Jan 16, 2007
Johnstown NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, minelab explorer SE, minelab excalibur, Tesoro Cortes, Teknetics T2 SE, Whites Surfmaster PI, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Johnstown and work in Utica.. I have a bunch of spots that ive researched and havent yet hunted as well as some large productive areas that it would take me a long time to hunt out by myself. I hunt anytime of year as long as the ground isnt frozen and i can still dig. I went out today and aside from some cold hands it was great. (found a rev war era button and some clad coins). Anyone willing to TH "before" spring??? Send me an email at [email protected]

Mike

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne Co., NY

AOgden, we should meet up sometime.

kluther

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2007
congrats on your baby what are you having. We are having a girl i am 27 weeks you have spoke to us in the past kevin luther. Kevin and i moved bought the house we are liveing in 100 hundred year old farm house. On black river find some clad, slay bells plow shears on old canal boat launch find 1952 south african quarter some pennies and dimes from the 30's and 40's no theres older coins here have 4 acres on the river find old bottles in river in front of house have 19 miles of river to travel by boat with old locks canal houses old pinic areas from late 1800's but all kinds of places along river to metal dectect
bottle hunting relick hunting the 4 acres we owen on the river has had people fishing hunting and camping for more years then i no more then likely far back as french and indian wars and the days of the canal boats but was used also as main trail for travel for hundred of years who nows what might be in the ground or in the river now even heard stories of soldiers from french and indian wars loseing payroll on the way to alex bay, from albany don't no if true but supposed to be someware between old Burdick Crossing and deer lick rock if you no of any leads to this tale let us know have to go now anyone wanting to go mding sometime let us know ttfn kevin/mary ;D

OP
OP
KGCnewbieseeker

KGCnewbieseeker

Oct 29, 2005
FL
Congrats on the baby Mary and kevin! I have dropped off the radar for a short time because im in college full time. Im due in 40 days and cant wait! are you guys in rome NY area? I am still wanting to do the spring hunt and am taking sugestions for locations. Im looking at oneida and madison and herkimer Countys. let me know if anyone has ideas for a get together. I cant wait to get out of this snow already!

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks. I am in Kingston, Ontario Canada...just a stones throw and a couple of skips across Lake Ontario from NY state. I would be up for getting together to do some detecting over there. Would be nice to do something different for a change.

Wess

DIRTSWEEPER

Feb 26, 2007
UPSTATE NY, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, 5" excel, detectorpro phones
Hello fellow treasure hunters. Im from way up north NY, 20 miles from the border to Canada. Cant wait for this stinkin snow to melt, so I can go dig until I can dig no more lol, as if !!! Will have to keep an eye out for more posts on a hunt. L8TR

HOWLOW

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey the snow is gone!!! :)

Pretty muddy though but who cares!!!

KGCnewbieseeker, you've got a month or we'll have to wait til late May or June for your availability after that. The new little one ain't gonna want to let you out too much. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread