how many haunted stories are related to treasure stories?

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
there is a legend in the catskills that a tory fleeing the rev war killed a slave to bury with some silver plate
to protect the treasure.my thoughts that these tales are conjured up by seekers because you don.t want anybody around while you shove an iron rod in the ground,dig holes,flip rocks etc...
mostly a pirate tradition,do not be surprised to find a skull with that great find because I am sure it has happened.as for ghosts themselves leading you to treasure is a different story.I heard of a story from
hyde park ny that a worker renovating an old house was led one night by a young women to a wall that held
old land deeds with king george,s seal.even if you do not beleive in ghosts don,t you feel like you are being watched once in a while @ those far away old places :o.

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
The Catskill legend you speak of is "The legend of money hill". It supposedly occurred on the outskirts of Downsville and is still searched for to this day. After some quick research I came up with this one and a couple others I will post in the near future.

kenb

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
downsville is about a highwaymen called paul reubens and his hideout locals call money point.I am refering about
a tale near woodstock.

I am sure there may have been cases that two people went to dig a treasure hole and one of the people
did not want to share and there is already a hole to hide the body.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread