All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is no gold in New York State, except fror glacial gold near the Canadian border. Sorry..

minertheron

Feb 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no gold in New York State, except fror glacial gold near the Canadian border. Sorry..

hey im new to this site but sorry that is absurd there isnt any mother lodes in new york but new york has gold glaciers brought down gold and spread it as far as the pa border in some places so around the finger lakes is a good place to look east in the Catskills you might be able to find ancient alluvial conglomerates that contain gold north in the Adirondacks some rocks may host gold and it also can have glacial gold along the Hudson you can find placer from vermont and Adirondacks. and in long island there might be some placer and the metamorphic rock that makes up long island could host some gold. like i said above there is some gold in new york not a lot but with the right geological geographical and watershed knowledge you can find some. im not as knowledgeable in far western new york im assuming you might be able to find a tiny amount of gold that made it into the Allegany area and as far as the great lakes go there is some i highly doubt dredging would be profitable but you can find some if you do enough geographical research and learn to read glacier movements

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey im new to this site but sorry that is absurd there isnt any mother lodes in new york but new york has gold glaciers brought down gold and spread it as far as the pa border in some places so around the finger lakes is a good place to look east in the Catskills you might be able to find ancient alluvial conglomerates that contain gold north in the Adirondacks some rocks may host gold and it also can have glacial gold along the Hudson you can find placer from vermont and Adirondacks. and in long island there might be some placer and the metamorphic rock that makes up long island could host some gold. like i said above there is some gold in new york not a lot but with the right geological geographical and watershed knowledge you can find some. im not as knowledgeable in far western new york im assuming you might be able to find a tiny amount of gold that made it into the Allegany area and as far as the great lakes go there is some i highly doubt dredging would be profitable but you can find some if you do enough geographical research and learn to read glacier movements

You will NEVER find enough gold in the state of New York, to pay for your gasoline. If you want to waste your time and money, have at it and best of luck! :icon_thumright:

tadbitangelny

Greenie
Feb 27, 2013
Finger Lakes NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree with Terry and think there is a possibility of placer gold in the finger lakes. I live in between two of the lakes and own property on the hillside of one. I can't tell you how many boulders that are on our property that don't belong there. The glaciers were here and very well could have deposited gold. Here's the problem, according to an antiquated law in NY passed back in the Constitution days states that any gold or silver whether found on public or private land is property of the NY state government. We have a small tributary creek that runs the backside of our property into one of the lakes. We are going to try and pan some of it this summer. My suggestion is if you find anything for God's sake don't be stupid and post it on the net you are only setting yourself up for trouble.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Show me the gold you find in New York State. The State geologist will tell you point blank that the geology in NYS is all wrong for gold. Glacial flakes yes. Gold coins yes. Lode and placer gold, NO.

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can street sweep and snipe the crevasses of the sidwalk in long island jewelers district. There is some crazy guy that does this already, I saw it on youtube. Im not kidding. He really could use a for real gold pan in the video. He even finds diamonds and jems. He said jewlers pants can carry gold filings, gold solder and stones Out of the jewelry stores. Check it out. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread