Lake George NY

Golf_Nut

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, I am new to MD and would like any help you would be willing to give. I was wondering if anybody would have some ideas where to metal detect in the Lake George Village region. I go on vacation every year to Lake George ( in Aug for the last 30 years ) but just started Metal Detecting and would love to do so in NY. I know it is a little early but I am trying to gather information on what I would need as far as permits or anything else you may be able to fill me in on.

I just purchased a Fisher F2 and cant wait for the weather to break and the snow to go away so I can give it a try.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Golf_Nut

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELCOME , JUST START LEARNING THE HISTORY OF YOUR AREA, BY READING BOOKS AND OLD MAPS--THATS A GOOD START---BEST OF LUCK---NEAR BINGHAMTON

Fast Ed

Jan 31, 2013
Scotia, ny
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Garrett AT Max, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, I am new to MD and would like any help you would be willing to give. I was wondering if anybody would have some ideas where to metal detect in the Lake George Village region. I go on vacation every year to Lake George ( in Aug for the last 30 years ) but just started Metal Detecting and would love to do so in NY. I know it is a little early but I am trying to gather information on what I would need as far as permits or anything else you may be able to fill me in on.

I just purchased a Fisher F2 and cant wait for the weather to break and the snow to go away so I can give it a try.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Golf_Nut

Hey Golf Nut, I'm a newbie as well but I'm thinking Million Dollar Beach would be a good spot? Not sure if it as a State Park or not? HH

NYwaterhunter

Jul 23, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you have a permit for Million Dollar beach.
The enforcer (Fred), does not fool around.
I hit just about every beach from Million Dollar going north. (3 summers ago) They are worked hard, but still managed to pull 2 gold.
good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread