NYC Permit - Overly Restrictive? Ignore?

YukonCorn

Jun 13, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer, Plastic Scooper, Trowel, 17" Shovel, Lesche Digging Tool, Garrett Camo Treasure Pouch, Garrett Detector Bag, Headphone Bag, LED Flashlight, 8.5"x11" DD Coil Cover
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way I just got my metal detector the other day and was reading and applied for a permit in N.Y. When I read the restrictions I was like "What's is the point of me buying this detector if I can't use it here. Made me feel like returning it back.

And don't forget when you signed for the permit on the bottom it say's

In addition, I hereby acknowledge and agree that any and all objects I find while metal detecting on City owned property
shall, at the option of Parks, become the property of the City.

P.S. I am sure you get to keep the garbage (trash) you find.

Last edited:

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
Look ,I've had a NYC permit for 7 years and I will tell you those rules are a lot more restrictive in theory than in practice.Just stay off real manicured lawns(there ain't many) and actual football and baseball fields and you will be fine.Also please dig proper plugs so no one can tell you were there.

YukonCorn

Jun 13, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer, Plastic Scooper, Trowel, 17" Shovel, Lesche Digging Tool, Garrett Camo Treasure Pouch, Garrett Detector Bag, Headphone Bag, LED Flashlight, 8.5"x11" DD Coil Cover
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look ,I've had a NYC permit for 7 years and I will tell you those rules are a lot more restrictive in theory than in practice.Just stay off real manicured lawns(there ain't many) and actual football and baseball fields and you will be fine.Also please dig proper plugs so no one can tell you were there.

Yea I say the same on that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread