Any good areas on long island for metal detecting?

Don57

Feb 7, 2009
Lindenhurst NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 6T / Prizm 9" Spider Coil / Prizm Mini DD Coil / Garretts Pro Pointer / Lesche trowel
Primary Interest:
Other
The Battle Of Long Island took place in Brooklyn so you won't find much in the way of ruins in Nassau . The island was loaded with Native Americans in the 1600's and 1700's so there is always a chance of finding something related to them anywhere on Long Island . I use google maps and find areas to go . I'll type in "Seaford NY" and write down areas that look good . There are plenty of places to go . A few are Manetto Hills Park in Plainview , all the woods bordering the Massapequa hiking trail , any old parks or old school yards , playgrounds . There are places like Point Lookout beach , the beaches along Lido Blvd . If you go to any State beaches you will need a permit which cost's $40 , if you go often it will pay for itself in no time . If you are ever on the North Shore there are all the hiking trails and preserves . Route 25A was used as a rum running route from Great Neck to Port Jefferson during Prohibition . Try using google maps , search your town and work outwards from there , you will be surprised at how many places there are to go. If you ever want to go with a few other people , feel free to get in touch with me. I hope this was useful . Good Luck and Happy Hunting .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Barnjak41

Barnjak41

Tenderfoot
May 25, 2013
The Battle Of Long Island took place in Brooklyn so you won't find much in the way of ruins in Nassau . The island was loaded with Native Americans in the 1600's and 1700's so there is always a chance of finding something related to them anywhere on Long Island . I use google maps and find areas to go . I'll type in "Seaford NY" and write down areas that look good . There are plenty of places to go . A few are Manetto Hills Park in Plainview , all the woods bordering the Massapequa hiking trail , any old parks or old school yards , playgrounds . There are places like Point Lookout beach , the beaches along Lido Blvd . If you go to any State beaches you will need a permit which cost's $40 , if you go often it will pay for itself in no time . If you are ever on the North Shore there are all the hiking trails and preserves . Route 25A was used as a rum running route from Great Neck to Port Jefferson during Prohibition . Try using google maps , search your town and work outwards from there , you will be surprised at how many places there are to go. If you ever want to go with a few other people , feel free to get in touch with me. I hope this was useful . Good Luck and Happy Hunting .

Thanks Don! It definitely helped

YukonCorn

Jun 13, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer, Plastic Scooper, Trowel, 17" Shovel, Lesche Digging Tool, Garrett Camo Treasure Pouch, Garrett Detector Bag, Headphone Bag, LED Flashlight, 8.5"x11" DD Coil Cover
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know to I will tag along if you don't mind.

someguyonli

Jun 25, 2012
Long Island, New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,

I live in Huntington Station. I am looking for people to go hunting with. I am new to this and am very much looking forward to my first hunt. I own an AT pro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread