All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sharon, there is no Lode or Placer gold in New York State. Up in your region there are traces of "Glacial" gold, which are tiny specks that are really not worth the time, travel costs or cost of equipment to recover. If you want to get a gold pan, a shovel and a bucket to test your local creeks and streams - FOR FUN, the go for it. As for these websites, I think you have answered your own question if they haven't gotten back to you in three-years. Best of luck!

OP
OP
S

sharanne1118

Greenie
Jan 29, 2011
East Rochester, NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Terry,
Gold panning and metal detecting is a recent hobby that my husband and I started to do a couple of years ago; mainly to keep me busy.We are under no illusions of getting rich doing either of them. It's a way for us to do something fun together I love the idea of treasure hunting of any kind. Garage and estate sales are so fun for me! 2 years ago we needed a part for my old convertible and we went to a junkyard...It was so fun! We found the part we needed, but it was just fun looking for it! ...I have Lupus. For me,a lot of the fun is researching online; and part of that is reading about what other people in my own area are doing. Not being able to access information drives me crazy! Because of my Lupus, my outdoor activities are limited by the sun, the cold, I can't climb mountains but I can walk and hike...so the time I do have outside; I'd like to at least "think" I might be in an area where it's possible to to find a speck of gold in a creek... You know what they say, it's not having the gold it's finding it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions