anyone live on long island?

THEBELLI

Nov 28, 2007
LONG ISLAND NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
CLASSIC ID5 WHITES
my name is chris iam new and live in selden, iam good to go after fat guy shows up on christmas with my classic id 5 look me up after that iam maybe we could hunt together

stewball1

Mar 25, 2005
Huntington, LI, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX & Minelab SE Pro
deadringer,

I hunt in Northport also. Never saw you there. I do the schools, beaches and parks, some of which were good before my buddy and I decoined and deringed them.

Stew

ikes4ever

Nov 27, 2007
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 1000 and DFX
stew.
you ever get hassled by police,rangers,security guards at your locations on Long island??
thanks
Patrick

stewball1

Mar 25, 2005
Huntington, LI, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX & Minelab SE Pro
Patrick,

Never been hasseled by any authorities in the 3-1/2 years of renewing my hobby. In fact, most of the school security cars either honk or the guards wave at me. Guess they consider me extra security. The police only came over to see if I found anything good. Just don't use a shovel. If you haven't got one, get a Predator digging tool of something similar. It's less intimidating and makes a smaller hole. Try not to dig during major sports events. You should have no problems in most places. However, I have heard that Bay Shore schools chase MDers.

Stew

Pete Sluder

Nov 24, 2007
New Market, MD
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II
Don't get discouraged frankltt1. Been out there for two months now and I'm $3.90 richer, along with more crap than I can carry. One thing I have deduced is that Corona is the beer of choice at Jones Beach.

THEBELLI

Nov 28, 2007
LONG ISLAND NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
CLASSIC ID5 WHITES
Hey Frank no worries iam from selden been out twice yesterday 58 degrees in January (bonus) still learning my machine found 2 bullets and 82 cents 1 fence post wrap,1 unk round disk, a flat soda can 7inches deep all at firemans park where the beer of choice is bud light u know us fireman always worrying about our figures keep smiling and keep swinging it can only get better Chris

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Levittown here...

dug quite a few places over the years. Yes, there is still silver in the ground. How about an 1876 seated quarter in Wantagh? (6") A 1904 Barber quarter in East Meadow?(3") Quite a few other more "common" silvers too. Even pulled my first large cent from a State park on the island that I swear was no more than 2" deep. (it was fairly toasted, but had a date). Out east, I've hit colonial buttons, LC's, musket balls... It's there; just not in great quantity (unless you find a virgin silver honey hole like a buddy of mine). Personally, I just love to hunt the "hunted out" spots and find what everyone's missed :)

DO NOT OVERLOOK THE BEACH during the summer. There's lot's of competition there but the rewards are great. In the last two years, I've basically paid for everything I have and then some (ExpII, CZ20, coils, headphones,gadgets...) All you need is time, the right equipment, skill, timing and luck. After cashing in some finds in November, my wife has given me the green light to hunt the beach whenever I want this summer :) (perhaps it was the diamond I bought her?)

beachtimny

Jun 18, 2006
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Excaliber II, White's V3i , White's Dual Field, White's 6000dipro , Minelab Etrac, Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
my brother and i live in Lynbrook...we both Metal detect,,,

Xraylady

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2008
Hi there,

Just joined and I am in Commack. Is there a club around that you belong too? Did any of you get together? Is anyone willing to meet up and chat?

Michele

cablerye

Jul 8, 2008
Medford, NY
Detector(s) used
Mine lab excalibur
Medford here.. Newbie question.. Are the north shore beaches more rewarding verses the south shore, meaning I would tend to think it's tougher to dig the rock's & pebbles rather the fine sand of the south shore beaches. Is there less detecting on the north shore?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread