New to Treasure Hunting.......Any place good for first time hunting in New York

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nowhere that has a cannon on display without permission of the caretaker I can promise you.

Try town parks. They are usually accomidating folks.

OP
OP
turbo500

turbo500

Mar 26, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Titan 2000-XD
I am live in Brooklyn, NY and my friend live in Schenectady, NY, I don't mine go to upstate because he live in there..

Thank you

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Best place for you to start would be long Island beaches, especially where the rich kids hang in the summer. ;)

P.S. Best to take turns MDing while your partner keeps watch, your likly to become a target for the local punks ! >:(

westernNY

Greenie
Nov 26, 2005
secret to a newbie is "go out as often as you can" I've been detecting since 1975 and have been on many interesting sites. Secret to detecting is learn your machine... Try penny hunting and what ever in school yards until you can recognize sounds - pin pointing etc. I'm not trying to be funny however realize it takes time, learning how a machine performs. Your gonna dig many pull tabs and steel beer caps but some day the diamond ring will show itself. Good luck - one more hint - detecting with a pal can help in many ways. Once again good luck.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats that have to do with the price of beans in Mexico?

He's looking for sites, not....oh nvm.

Keep @ it and HH!!

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
reading other posts from different states can lead you to areas you can search in your town/city not old ones necessarily,but at least you'll have an idea about where you can detect.

poppa19

Jul 22, 2007
western new york
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
best place to spend some time learning is your own yard or that of a family member or friend, youll be amazed at what you might find good luck and keep us posted!

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Don't forget your your (metal Detector Permit !) you need one to Hunt 0n the Island ..coin finder..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread