Silverhawk

Oct 6, 2006
Seattle, WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett THD Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nor'easter hunting??? Long island???

anyone on the island going hunting after or during one of the worst storms in years being predicted to hit this weekend? Should definitely cause some major beach erosion, exposing some nice hunting areas.

i took this from weather.com:

...HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 12 PM SUNDAY TO MIDNIGHT EDT SUNDAY NIGHT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON HAS ISSUED A HIGH WIND WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 12 PM SUNDAY TO MIDNIGHT EDT SUNDAY NIGHT.

LOW PRESSURE WILL RAPIDLY INTENSIFY OFF THE NEW JERSEY COAST SUNDAY MORNING WITH EASTERLY WINDS OF 35 TO 45 MPH AND GUSTS UP TO 60 MPH DEVELOPING ACROSS WESTERN SUFFOLK COUNTY. THE HIGH WINDS WILL TURN TO THE NORTHEAST SUNDAY EVENING AS LOW PRESSURE TRACKS TOWARDS LONG ISLAND. AS LOW PRESSURE RIDES OVER LONG ISLAND SUNDAY NIGHT...WINDS WILL SUBSIDE SUBSTANTIALLY.

A HIGH WIND WARNING MEANS A HAZARDOUS HIGH WIND EVENT IS EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SUSTAINED WIND SPEEDS OF AT LEAST 40 MPH OR GUSTS OF 58 MPH OR MORE CAN LEAD TO PROPERTY DAMAGE.

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Re: Nor'easter hunting??? Long island???

Hi this Joe from smithtown n.y. I be going out on friday & saturday (north shore & south shore. (631/361/8858 ) or E-Mail-- [email protected] ;D 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
Silverhawk

Silverhawk

Oct 6, 2006
Seattle, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

hmm... i may be able to meet up with you on Saturday. Is there a time in particular that you were planning on going? I am probably going to spend a couple hours on Sunday, since i haven't gone out at all in about 2 months. I'll email you tonight if you don't respond here.

btw, if anybody else on the island wants to meet up...post a message. The more the merrier. :o)

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300

This is Joe, from smithtown, I will be going to (sunken meadow state park)on saturday. if you get to the park befor 6am you will beat the fee to go in! Joe.

OP
OP
Silverhawk

Silverhawk

Oct 6, 2006
Seattle, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Too bad...i got called into work on Saturday and don't get off until 5pm. I guess my hunting will be limited to Sunday only.

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300

Hi sorry to hear you have to go to work. I wil be at (Gilgo Beach) on saturday.anyone else going to the beach? if you get to the beach befor 8am you will beat the (FEE) to get in! but if you Got alot of money then it don't matter.. [email protected] p.s I have a white Tracker. 631/361/8858

Ralphw

May 26, 2003
long island ny
Detector(s) used
white's dfx Bounty hunter landstar

Hello,,, I'm new to long island I went down yesterday there was quite a bit of erosion. my question for you guys is will the detector I used upstate.. bounty hunter land star work on wet sand neaer the water?
I get nothing no signals nothing, what should I be using?
Thanks for any help

westernNY

Greenie
Nov 26, 2005

what should you be using - a Fisher F75 at 934 dollars from Kellyco will work on the sands lol

CodyCat Borat

Jan 15, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra-50, Whites classic 2

I'm at the beach almost every night.

Please read my post and maybe you guys can help me out.
Thanks.
CCB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread