Rohester Ny

SpeMcc

Greenie
Oct 20, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT PRO
I'm in Rochester and have been looking for people as well. How long have you been detecting?

OP
OP
D

Dinkleman

Apr 12, 2016
Rochester ny
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, pro pointer ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i started detecting beaches in FL but only had the chance to do that a few times and it was nearly 10 yrs ago. I've followed the sport over the years but only recently been able to buy my own machine and get back into the sport. So basically my experience is limited but i have been a collector of coins and relics for about 20 years.

SpeMcc

Greenie
Oct 20, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT PRO
i started detecting beaches in FL but only had the chance to do that a few times and it was nearly 10 yrs ago. I've followed the sport over the years but only recently been able to buy my own machine and get back into the sport. So basically my experience is limited but i have been a collector of coins and relics for about 20 years.
Awesome. Well, you've got a few years on me...Im only in my 20's. Ive been detecting off and on for about 6 years. If you didn't know, there is a club here in town. I've never bothered to check it out yet though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Dinkleman

Apr 12, 2016
Rochester ny
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, pro pointer ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had the chance to check them out yet either. I have been looking to see if there are any regulations for Durand eastman or Charlotte beach parks

SpeMcc

Greenie
Oct 20, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT PRO
I haven't had the chance to check them out yet either. I have been looking to see if there are any regulations for Durand eastman or Charlotte beach parks

I havent had any trouble going into Monroe County parks. Haven't found anything saying that you need a permit either.

If you are ever interested in meeting up and going somewhere , let me know.

OP
OP
D

Dinkleman

Apr 12, 2016
Rochester ny
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, pro pointer ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This weekend I'm going to hunt a house built in 1762. Unfortunately they won't let me bring anyone with me. With the weather getting nicer I'm defiantly in on meeting up and doing some hunting.

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys,
I am also in Rochester NY and wouldn't mind some hunting buddies. I've been detecting for about 2 years . I've never had a problem in any of the area parks. I found a 1928 mercury dime at Genesee valley park a couple weeks ago. Let me know if you want to meet up.

HistoryHunter22

Apr 19, 2015
Cortland NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 150, bounty hunter gold digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in cortland ny if yiur ever out this way id be down to hunt

Garrett531

Mar 22, 2017
Hilton, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Rochester (Hilton) and really want to hunt more this year. If anyone wants to meet up, let's talk.

Beezly

Mar 20, 2017
Finger Lakes, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold,
BH Land Ranger Pro,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Minelab Equinox 900,
Whites TRX,
Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Penn Yan if you're interested in a hunt. Mostly relics, on land and in the water. There are tons of farms too.

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good. I just got a AT pro the end of last season so I can do land or water. I'll pm you my number.

Beezly

Mar 20, 2017
Finger Lakes, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold,
BH Land Ranger Pro,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Minelab Equinox 900,
Whites TRX,
Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh cool, I was considering getting an at gold. I'm curious how much better the at series is. I use a land ranger pro and I love it but I always have this feeling that I'm missing some good loot. It would be interesting to compare our detectors.

w0otiez

May 21, 2013
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Rochester New york and have a hard time finding suitable places to detect. I've been detecting for a couple years now. Willing to travel a bit for the right spots though. Anyone interested in collaborating can message me!

Detector_Dave_77

Tenderfoot
Apr 16, 2017
Gates,NY (Rochester)
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey All!

I am just a newbie and am loving it already. Were are places to go in the ROC? I am just playing around in my yard to try to get a feel of my ACE 300. I am hoping to go to a Genesee Valley Treasure Seekers meeting sometime soon to meet others and learn. I'm interested in hearing any and all of your ROC Detecting stories. Happy Hunting!

Domenico

Mar 29, 2017
Sodus, NY
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I've been detecting for about 4 years and I live in sodus ny and work in Rochester and I would be down to detecting with someone it is not very fun detecting on you own.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread