Get Your NYC Permit Now!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• IMG_0444.jpg
    IMG_0444.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 150

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummmm...thank you for letting me read the permit. Is their anyplace your allowed to detect? looks like they have excluded just about every place one can think of and have even made claims to all coins older than the pocket change we currently carry.

BRC

Jun 24, 2011
Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Sand Shark, At-Max, EquInox 800, Deus 2..
Terry, is White Plains considered the City of New York...??

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, is White Plains considered the City of New York...??

No. We are the County seat of Westchester County, about 25-miles north of NYC (35-minutes by Express Train).

BRC

Jun 24, 2011
Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Sand Shark, At-Max, EquInox 800, Deus 2..
Roger that....I was worried that NYC was expanding north...(with the NYC permit )..Thanks

frazdad

Mar 5, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a newbie but I got my permit a few weeks ago. The limitations on how far you can dig from the trees is frustrating. I've been avoiding Prospect Park because sometimes the rangers can give you a hard time. I've been hunting at the beach the past few years. This year I plan on trying to get to some of the parks on the permit list. If you ever plan on coming to Brooklyn drop me a line maybe we can hunt together. Just waiting for the weather to get a little warmer to get started. Still working full time so I only hunt on the weekend

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I cannot imagine anyplace in nyc where you would expect to find anything

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not a newbie but I got my permit a few weeks ago. The limitations on how far you can dig from the trees is frustrating. I've been avoiding Prospect Park because sometimes the rangers can give you a hard time. I've been hunting at the beach the past few years. This year I plan on trying to get to some of the parks on the permit list. If you ever plan on coming to Brooklyn drop me a line maybe we can hunt together. Just waiting for the weather to get a little warmer to get started. Still working full time so I only hunt on the weekend

Sounds Great! PM me with your preferred contact info and I we'll get together! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I cannot imagine anyplace in nyc where you would expect to find anything

Dude, NYC has been around a l-o-n-g time. Travelers, soldiers, merchants, have all brought coins and jewelry from Every country in the world and lost them in what are now the parks and beaches of the five boroughs. People don't talk about all the silver and gold they find, because if they find any, the City wants it. :skullflag:

frazdad

Mar 5, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prospect Park was the sight of the battle of Brooklyn during the Revolutionary War people have found musket balls. I have found Indian Head pennies, buffalo nickels and standing liberty quarters You just need a little research and tenacity.

American

Aug 7, 2012
long Island, New York
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, whites Beach hunter id,
NYC is the last place I will go.
The laws are ridiculous there is a State law that all Gold mined belongs to the State, like they aren't Courrupt enough in the permit it may as well say keep the change you Filthy animal !
As long as it's zinc rotted pennies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread