Montezuma Wildlife Refuge

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
I read that the loomis gang burried a large cache on a farm just outside of chittenengo NY as well,i'm sure they spread it out a bit.

do you have a link for the montezuma refuge article..i'd be interested in reading it

stay safe n HH
~Shawn~

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We drove up there with our bicycles on the car rack to take a trail featured in a book titles something like: "100 Bicycle Trails in Central NY" or similar.

Montezuma doesn't allow bicycles. I had some choice words for the park office AND the book's author.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
That is one huge area... do you have a CLUE where any treasure might be buried there? Or any idea how that area has changed over the years? It's about 36,000 acres.

L

LandStar

They think of the liability involved in letting a bunch of metal detector users onto the land and getting swallowed up by the quicksand and bogs...Some places you can sink into the muck and NEVER be found again...I have heard of horses that could not be pulled out with tractors...Although, if I knew where the loot was hidden, you bet your sweet bippy I would go in there at night and recover it...Laws or not... :o

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I know where the loot is. Its in the quicksand!

L

LandStar

All right...bring me 500 loads of sand to displace the water, then we start diggin...lol

HH,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread