kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all.I took my Dad to a dr's appointment this morning in Cooperstown NY and while I was waiting I drove around and took some photos for y'all.Lake otsego is a very historic site.It's were General Clinton and his troops came thru during the Sullivan Clintion campain.It is also were the Susquehanna river gets it start.Is home to the baseball hall of fame,farmers museum,and the home site of the Cooper family.James fennimore Cooper called the lake Glimmerglas and it's the setting for many of his novels.I set up alot of tents in this area during the summer and have permission to detect the city parks and will be cheakin it out this spring.The photos are of lakefront park.I also went to the farmers museum but they were closed for the season so I couldn't get any photos.It's a replica of an early town and is pretty cool.If any of y'all ever get up this way be sure and check it out !

Attachments

• Mvc-012f.jpg
    Mvc-012f.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 326
  • Mvc-013f.jpg
    Mvc-013f.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 315
  • Mvc-014f.jpg
    Mvc-014f.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 322

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat photos and thanks for sharing... I LOVE THE LAKE ONE.... bet its expesive as heck to buy a water front property there..

coin hunter

Jan 13, 2008
Sidney, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett,1500 , 2500, AT PRO, Garrett Pin pointer,AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great pictures of Cooperstown.Know the area well,live in Sidney.Looking for spring also,only can clean your detector so many times while we wait.

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bootybay said:
Neat photos and thanks for sharing... I LOVE THE LAKE ONE.... bet its expesive as heck to buy a water front property there..

Hi BB,thanks.yeah the beverly hills of NY ! ;) :D

mark1a said:
Great pictures of Cooperstown.Know the area well,live in Sidney.Looking for spring also,only can clean your detector so many times while we wait.

Hi Mark,what up neighbor ! I live in Morris.

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
cooperstown is a beautiful villiage. if you get the chance, visit. be careful for permission. i know they are strict about every thing else. if you go north on rte. 28 about 3 or a few miles you will find Fly Creek cider mill. it's an oldie and a lot of fun, especially in the fall. and e-mail me and we can go t.h.ing. i'm about 45 miles away. easy ride. pretty. bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread