Albany Here I come

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Spirit said:
I'm headed up to Albany for a few months of work.
Is detecting allowed in the the parks there?
I can't answer your question but just in case it is not allowed consider doing some abandoned properties. Back in the early '90s I traveled by bus to Albany from New York City and as we neared the city and I was looking out the window I could see what looked like old properties that were shuttered and the first thing I thought of was the old coins that were going to waste when the houses are razed for whatever purpose. I don't know if the area is still in the same condition or improvements were made. It's worth a drive around but watch yourself as I can tell you that at the time it didn't look safe there.

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Hello,

Albany is a very large town with lots of history. I live Queensbury NY (about 35 minutes north of Albany) Saratoga is about 20 minutes north of Albany and has a HUGE amount of history and battles from the revolutionary war(Battle of SARATOGA) 1827ish ???
I am new to metal detecting and would like to meet up with others to find some sites to detect. I just had back back surgery so I am out of commision for a few weeks, But get in touch with me and we can find some sites to hunt.
Take care,
Jason

Nov 11, 2007
Schenectady NY
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
i live in schenectady and i just got into MD after I destroyed my knee. if anyone is looking to head out or has any spots they want some company on let me know!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread