XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have GPS and empty seats in the truck!

T

TreasurdiggrNY

EZrider said:
Have GPS and empty seats in the truck!

I'm in, any time. Detector in hand and gas money in pocket.
Glenn

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
it is illegal to m/d in harriman state park except certain beaches with a permit. :(

OP
OP
FloridaBill

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
solx nys said:
it is illegal to m/d in harriman state park except certain beaches with a permit. :(

Yeah that figures stupid me

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
well if you can dress like a hippie,make your digger look like a large granola bar,and fashion your detector to
look like a hand carved hiking staff then maybe you will not be noticed by the rangers.

:sign10:

NY Michael

Mar 30, 2008
orange county NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer XS, Sea Hunter XL500
Yes I live very close to it, I work with a guy who grew up there, if you are intrested there is a book published it has a lot of good pictures of the old homes, I met the lady who wrote the book actually its the guy I know his aunt who is the author,it tells the history of the town,fun place to visit,

Michael :)

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
It is illiegal to drink alchoholic beverages and litter in the state parks as well, but that never stops anyone :wink:

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I once saw advertised somewhere a palm sized metal detector that straps inconspiquously to your wrist. If the place has never been hunted, then this thing should work to at least 4 inches down. Just pick out a pinic spot, put old holey blanket down, stretch out, and have at it ;D. I did this in a park here that I was kicked out of, I came back next day and I used a Garrett personal wand style security detector, it worked great and no one was the wiser. Got hundreds of indians only 2 inches deep. :thumbsup:

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
solx nys said:
well if you can dress like a hippie,make your digger look like a large granola bar,and fashion your detector to
look like a hand carved hiking staff then maybe you will not be noticed by the rangers.

:sign10:

Good Idea I'd love to try that. Also figure if you have ever seen pics of the place there is nobody there lol. Its in the middle of nowhere pretty much. In all the vids and pics I've seen I haven't seen any rangers or anything. If you wanna detect i doubt you'll get caught. It all depends on what your moral feelings are lol. If you do get caught (which i highly doubt is possible) just say you had no idea. If someone could take a trip up there just to verify no rangers there we could probably even have a hunt! lol ;D

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

sheesh I have been away from tnet a couple months and look what happens.I do not want to read about you in the record because the ranger happens to know what that bumper sticker of a red M,or atomic symbol,etc etc
means.

p.s. rangers do not like to lift(move logs),and rangers are freaked out by rock walls.

:tongue3: :P :tongue3: ;D :tongue3: :P :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread