Saratoga area, Looking for Hunting Buddies, I will travel

jman of ny

Greenie
Jan 28, 2008
im game to hunt anytime just let me know , im from queensbury and dont have any permission as of right now but i am working on a few.
ive got a dfx, what do you have?

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Hey folks,

I live locally too. I never have detected with others but is sounds fun

Cheers,

Dugholes :laughing7:

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
It's GREAT to see some local hunter's. Let's try to get together a plan a little hunt this season. I have a couple of nice spots to hunt if you want to PM me and we can set something up.
Happy Hunting,
Jason

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
I have hunted with a forum member a few times now, who is not far from me.
All I can say is it is a blast to share sites and talk nothing but detecting!
I will do it again in a heartbeat ;D
HH,
Donny

youk

Aug 11, 2007
Upstate, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Sunray Probe
Hi folks, I'm in the area also! Please keep me in mind if you have a get together :) I travel for my job 4 days a week but i am around almost every Fri and Sat.

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
djabend said:
I have hunted with a forum member a few times now, who is not far from me.
All I can say is it is a blast to share sites and talk nothing but detecting!
I will do it again in a heartbeat ;D
HH,
Donny

I agree :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Hey everyone,
Thank you for the great response. I am working on getting permission for all of us to go to a great site that I hunt in Schuylerville. From what I have researched so far it seems to be at the edge of the battle of Saratoga. I have searched there a little here and there and found an old buckle and a few other odds and ends. It is a HUGE area to search so a think a group effort would pay off greatly. I will get this together and start PM everyone that responded to set a date...

Thanks and Happy Hunting
Jason

SgtM8411

Greenie
Jan 16, 2007
Johnstown NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, minelab explorer SE, minelab excalibur, Tesoro Cortes, Teknetics T2 SE, Whites Surfmaster PI, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys... I live in Johnstown NY (35min west of saratoga) and I work in Albany. I have detected for about 10 years on and off and am just getting back into it. I too, have some awesome spots to hunt that i am willing to share. I can only hunt on sundays though as Im active duty in the Marines and I work 6 days a week. Im willing to travel. Drop me an email if you are interested or want to organize a group hunt. email addy is [email protected]

Thanks,
Mike

madmikegolf

Apr 4, 2008
NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Would be nice to hunt with some fellow New Yorkers. I am all alone way up North.

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Hello everyone, GOOD NEWS!!!! i got permission for everyone the hunt the spot in schuylerville. Heres the thing I was there this past weekend and the grass is very high, the owner cuts it twice a summer for the hay so i figure we will hunt it after the first mow of the season. He figures it will be in late July. There is ALOT of land so the group size can be large and we wont be tripping over each other. By the looks of the responces Sunday will be the best day. I will undate as information comes in.

PM me your emails or other ways to contact you if you are interested in the hunt!

Happy Hunting!!!
Jason

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
hey mad mike, how north can you be? i can reach the border in 90 minutes. give me a shout. bill p.s. i've got a crazy brother named mike too.

deeotto

Mar 1, 2007
Hi All,
Wilton here my kids go to Schuylerville. Would love to hunt the area. I'm kinda new, just got an mxt last summer. Please let me know when and where.

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
July is approaching Shake........how we looking?

I've never been hunting with others so I can't wait

vision quest

Jul 8, 2007
RENSSELAER, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Excalibur II
Minelab SDC 2300
Lots of history in and around schuylerville, sounds like a lot of fun. Keep us posted on a date. Would be nice to meet you all !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread