NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Is NY permit for ALL of the State, or just NYC proper? Do I need one for upstate public parks, or county parks? How come no one in here is from upstate? I see all kinds of postings, replies to others posts, but am having hard time getting answers to my questions, does nobody know the laws of their state? Just rambling, sorry if I offended anyone........Not GE

T

TreasurdiggrNY

notgittinenny said:
Is NY permit for ALL of the State, or just NYC proper? Do I need one for upstate public parks, or county parks? How come no one in here is from upstate? I see all kinds of postings, replies to others posts, but am having hard time getting answers to my questions, does nobody know the laws of their state? Just rambling, sorry if I offended anyone........Not GE

You have to know NY is not going to make it that easy ;D

Here is what I have for NYC proper, hopefully someone from Upstate can help with their info.

A free permit is needed for NYC proper, it lists the parks and beaches you can hunt in the 5 boros only. Here is the link: http://www.nycgovparks.org/sub_faqs/index.php?action=artikel&cat=8&id=109&artlang=en

I have one for Long Island, I think it was 20 bucks for the year and covers the state parks and beaches like Robert Moses/ Captree, Belmont Lake, Sunken Meadow, Wildwood, Hecksher, Jones Beach, Montauk Point etc. Comes with maps of each spot and has it's own list of parks and beaches. Beach hunting year round and specific, in-the-park designated areas only from Labor day to Memorial day. Call 631-669-1000

I think Suffolk County has one too, maybe one of the other guys can give you that info, I have not been out that way.

Good Luck,

Glenn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread