Really liking this Anfibio Multi

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out this afternoon to detect an old dwelling site, long gone, now just a corn field. Got a couple nice indians, some toe taps, a copper ring thing and some roundballs. Was a muddy mess since the frozen ground had thawed over the past couple days..

VZFgqy5.jpg

DCRVu65.jpg

hTRc0xQ.jpg

bYoLs5C.jpg

P703XSr.jpg

5KhK4Yh.jpg

Transitioning from Equinox', really liking this thing so far.

Was out in Lake Michigan trying it out yesterday

uNtOGMN.png

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where did your soil ground balance in your soil on the Equinox? What made you switch? How hard is the transition between the Equinox and Anfibio?

OP
OP
rc2125

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My soil around my home property balances around 13 on nox's, 80's on AT Pro/Max's and around 80 on Anfibio. Quickly, a few things about the nox that i don't like... how gold numbers are throughout like 3/4 of the vdi range, how small the vdi range is, how good it makes trash/junk sound, how difficult it is to tell much about the targets via audio and how weak the volume is with piezo headphones (i do most of my hunting in water and shallow diving). There are several things it does well too and is a highly versatile machine.

I like the ergo's of the Anfibio, it's quick collapse shaft setup and how solid it feels. The depth rating is a lil deeper, 16ft is about all the deeper i go usually around here. I can tell a lot more about targets with this Anfibio, size, shape, depth, etc. It has better volume output for wired headphones (my hearing is not all the best and have slight tinnitus). I like the layout of this vdi better. Seems easier to "call" trash targets and less deep iron falses running higher gain. Anfibio definitely separates better and has a finer DD "slice" with same size coil. The 13" coil hits coins a lil deeper than the 12x15nox in my test garden. It's modes are more intuitive or usefiul, to me.

Gotta go, time to go detecting!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ripvanb

May 7, 2017
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 & Tesoro Compadre 8"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how do you connect wired headphones to it? does it need an adaptor?

TheEquinoxHunter

Nov 22, 2018
TN
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 (Main), Equinox 600(water machine), Anfibio Multi, F75+, T2SE, (Old Faithful) (Co Main), BHLRP, ACE 200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meto you can check out some of my test videos. Posted link in the video section.

OP
OP
rc2125

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how do you connect wired headphones to it? does it need an adaptor?

There are two connections on back, one for coil and one for charging or wired headphones or also for using the extended AA battery module thing (which also has a port so you can still use wired headphones too)

ripvanb

May 7, 2017
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 & Tesoro Compadre 8"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
interesting. I'm really thinking of getting this machine.

OP
OP
rc2125

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and, just my luck.... someone accidentally stepped on my Anfibio's 11" coil and cracked it,,

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

UokwOXT.jpg

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good review I never liked the long ice cream cone control box is equinox water proof

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds intriguing. What kind of digging do you do the most of?

OP
OP
rc2125

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mostly water hunt, wading and diving, every other day all summer. Hit the dirt when the water is too wavy, cold or froze up. Tough gettin good dry land permissions around here.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's tough getting good dry permissions anywhere. I have one, and everyone wants to go there, but I haven't been there much this fall because I want to save some for later. No one else can get the permission, so no worries about trespassers. Stuff will still be there.

And how does it balance on dry land? My Equinox hurt my wrist, so I had it put to sleep. (sold it)

OP
OP
rc2125

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it more and more, every time I take it out. Much nicer grip, grip angle/feel and a nicely balanced swinger. When switching back n forth with my nox after running this for a few days, the nox kinda felt like a beer can on a broom stick when I took hold of it, lol.

Just got home from running it in a park site that I've detected a million times with every detector I've ever had. Was literally like a new place again. Really like the detailed audio feedback this thing gives and being able to tell if things are deep etc. I pretty much dig it all when i have time, especially while learning a new machine.

Repaired the coil earlier this afternoon. Drilled some holes at the end of the cracks, then some shallower ones along the cracks and did the super glue and baking soda thing. Hopefully lasts awhile!

qWkt7Ya.jpg

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very interesting post.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Equinox performed well, but hurt my wrist so it went bye bye. Thinking of another back up machine. End of the year will do that to you.

OP
OP
rc2125

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jumping back to an Anfibio Multi for 2020. Just need winter to give up and let Spring roll in sometime soon!

shovelready

Apr 21, 2015
s.w.washington
Detector(s) used
tesoro outlaw vaquero, anfibio multi, Makro pulse dive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got a anfibio multi for Xmas, my wife the simplex, have permission to hunt a large piece of private property,looking forward to learning the machine. And hopefully some pretty cool finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread