9 INCH CONCENTRIC COIL ....

SgtM8411

Greenie
Jan 16, 2007
Johnstown NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, minelab explorer SE, minelab excalibur, Tesoro Cortes, Teknetics T2 SE, Whites Surfmaster PI, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the videos!! Have you tried the 7” concentric coil? What are your opinions on it? I have an anfibio in the mail and it comes with the stock 11”. If I get another coil for high trash areas I didn’t know if I should go 9” or 7” concentric. Thanks.

Timecop67

May 22, 2017
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Orx, Teknetics 8500, Treasure Baron with Gold Module
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think some forum members have traded in their Anfibios for XP Deus due to the weight of unit and maybe other options. For fresh water use Anfibio may not be bad. High trash areas I might lean towards the 7 incher but in less trash might opt for the 9".

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any benefit I need from a concentric will be for trash work...not ground coverage or depth. Just my opinion of course...somebody else may have a different hunting style or way of looking at things.

The stock 11DD (AF28) is good enough for coverage and depth...don't see myself upgrading to the larger 13 (AF35) or 15 (KR40).

So for trash...the 7-inch (KR18C) is my choice for a concentric based on sized alone...compared to the 9. However, I do admit I have zero hours on the 9....so it might perform "good enough" making it a moot point. In that case..might as well get the 9 for the extra coverage benefit...even if a small benefit.

As far as the 7...I enjoy it so far. Helps cut down the nose heaviness...and the EMI chatter if in a hot zone...both nice benefits as I do hunt EMI heavy areas and for extended hours.

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any benefit I need from a concentric will be for trash work...not ground coverage or depth. Just my opinion of course...somebody else may have a different hunting style or way of looking at things.

The stock 11DD (AF28) is good enough for coverage and depth...don't see myself upgrading to the larger 13 (AF35) or 15 (KR40).

So for trash...the 7-inch (KR18C) is my choice for a concentric based on sized alone...compared to the 9. However, I do admit I have zero hours on the 9....so it might perform "good enough" making it a moot point. In that case..might as well get the 9 for the extra coverage benefit...even if a small benefit.

As far as the 7...I enjoy it so far. Helps cut down the nose heaviness...and the EMI chatter if in a hot zone...both nice benefits as I do hunt EMI heavy areas and for extended hours.

I've been having the same difficulty in picking up a second coil. I honestly have very few heavy iron situations since I mostly have to hunt groomed park land. Any iron heavy sites I have found have never been harsh enough that I needed a smaller coil however hunting groomed parks and such usually means deeper top soil and a lot of area to cover. The same goes for my water hunting adventures so I want a concentric, but I don't think I can justify it. In fact I had a smaller coil for my last machine and I don't think I ever used it for anything other than a backup when my main coil died. I plan on hitting up some old ghost towns this summer so I may change my tune.

After writing that I realized that I do tend to hit some pretty heavy aluminium situations. I suppose the 7" concentric might help me find some gold buried in the can slaw from time to time. Now I'm confused again lol

bibelot

Apr 23, 2016
Avoca,NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver sabre II, XP Deus, Makro racer, Aka Berkut 5, Aka Signum MFT, Makro red racer, Makro Racer 2,Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Multi Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My 9" coil should be here tomorrow. I hunt square nail infested lots /hot dirt areas, foundations/ where houses once were but are long gone. I'm missing a concentric coil from while using the tesoros but I have moved on to newer designed machines. The 9" should be a perfect size for a concentric unless you are into scrubbing the area down with a small coil. I plan on getting a 7" concentric for the racer/racer 2 since they don't make a 9" for them I chose the 9" for the MMK/Anfibio machines.

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta fors gold plus, tesoro lobo supertraq, Makro gold racer, Nokta Makro Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think some forum members have traded in their Anfibios for XP Deus due to the weight of unit and maybe other options. For fresh water use Anfibio may not be bad. High trash areas I might lean towards the 7 incher but in less trash might opt for the 9".

The Anfibio is perfectly balanced so I don't even notice the weight. Its built like a sh#t brick house and doesnt feel heavy one bit. There were no short cuts taken with this machine during the designing process. Plus the machine is waterproof and has a huge search coil selection. And the coils will not cost you an arm and leg like some others. As far as seperation of targets go it's one of the best.

Last edited:

earthfoot

Greenie
May 1, 2005
Detector(s) used
Anfibio
I like the 9". I put it on just to try it out and it stayed in the rig for a very long time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread