button fix

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a tester for the Kruzer before it was released and really like the unit. So much that I recently purchased the Anfibio.
One of the few criticisms I had for the Kruzer was the button placement and size. The buttons most used like pin point and Ground balance were crowded with the other buttons and the buttons themselves were flat/small and close together which made making changes with gloves on frustrating. I shared this with Makro and was hoping that would be improved upon but unfortunately the same set up was used on the Anfibio.
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy using these detectors and the performance is up there with the best of them. I just think the ergonomics need a little work. The engineers should put on a pair of heavy work gloves before they start a test session so they have real world data for their ergo testing.
To be fair, I also had this problem with the Deus as the buttons were bigger but were flush, so with a control head cover on they were hit or miss when wearing gloves.
I decided to solve this issue the same way I did with the Deus, with self stick buttons. I bought a pack of 100 for around 5 bucks. Works great even with the control head cover on and they can be peeled back off with no damage.

Kruzer with stock button set up.

Anfibio with self adhesive buttons added

Buttons

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It can be difficult to hit an inner button with gloves on, add some mud and then it's really a trick to do quickly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread