West coast use???

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone tried the Anfibio on West coast beaches? I had the Multi Kruiser, and while it was an absolute park and school yard killer, it was about useless in or around the water on southern California beaches. I'm guessing the high quantity of black sand did it in. Wouldn't mind giving an Anfibio a try but $900 is a lot to spend just to see it can handle the west coast.

buckee

Greenie
Apr 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am also on the west coast (central coast) and use of the Multi-Kruser (include the racer2) on the beach in wet sand or the water is a no go. I totally agree with the fact that it is awesome at the park, schools or dry sand, but the Anfibio is only a Multi-Kruser and a Impact rolled into one (my opinion). I solved my wet sand and water detecting by purchasing a Minelab 600 Equinox, $649, Veteran 15% discount (Minelab discount) and opening a BofA master charge, spend $500 and receive $250 cash back, BAM, total cost $300. Problem solved two outstanding detectors for all conditions. The absolute difference is that multi frequency when detecting in wet sand and the water, I had the racer2, I bought the Multi-Kruser thinking it would solve my beach problems, it didnt. The only fix (my opinion) is a true Multi-Frequency detector.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice score on the Minelab Equinox 600! :occasion14:

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone tried the Anfibio on West coast beaches? I had the Multi Kruiser, and while it was an absolute park and school yard killer, it was about useless in or around the water on southern California beaches. I'm guessing the high quantity of black sand did it in. Wouldn't mind giving an Anfibio a try but $900 is a lot to spend just to see it can handle the west coast.

One thing I don't like is they call the machine Anfibio, making it sound like it's MADE for water hunting.

Anyone who has ever even tried to use one at the beach, knows...they are AWFUL on the beach.

Matt

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta fors gold plus, tesoro lobo supertraq, Makro gold racer, Nokta Makro Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What settings did you use bc the kruzer can be made to run as quiet as you want. I like my GR so much I just ordered an Anfibio to use on the beaches along with shallow water diving. The GR is a bit chattery in default settings but is easily overcome by a little tweaking and I suppose the Anfibio will be the same these are very hot detectors. I dont mind a little bit of chattering I actually like it bc it's more information
about the ground im running the detector In

Last edited:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's waterproof...so by default "made" for water hunting. Plenty of freshwater out there in the world. I think by now 95% of the people get that a single freq machine will never out-perform a multi or PI. To expect otherwise seems a bit odd.

I've used it a few hours west coast. The trick for me is to ground balance in Beach mode - then move back up to the tone options. Works as well as any other single freq detector I have used there. Can easily hit coins/rings at 7-8 inches in wet sand with water overlapping the coil. I do not hunt with coil submerged...so no opinion of performance there.

Not a beach guy at heart...only head to the beach 6-7 times a year....so take it with a grain of salt (or sand perhaps)...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread