Anfibio Multi Noise

Gejodi

Dec 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all So i bought an anfibio multi from Big boys Hobbies as recomended! Seems to be a well made unit, very sturdy. It took some time to get used to all features and im no expert still so much to learn but enough to get by with its features. Havent gone out in field too much its been real cold here in NJ but have done some testing in my back yard. The unit seems very chatty. I put it in 3 tone with disc at 3 and gain at 89 and it seems still very chatty. At 4 or 5 tone it gets worse. This is at 14khz freq. Although I have not gone in field I worry that the coil/unit might be defective. Is there a way to determine this? Does anyone also have this issue? I have tried freq shift but clears it up only slightly. I dont carry a phone so that cant be it and all utilities are underground and at least 80 yards away. I tried lowering the gain but in order to make a significant change im below 60 and not sure what depth I would get with that. Again im just curious if any one else has this problem and if perhaps the unit/coil is defective? I am not seasoned or by no means an expert on detectors. Thanks for any help/advise you can give.

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a used Anfibio multi on Saturday. I’m having a heck of a time figuring out how to operate it, I suspect that why the last owner sold it after just 3 weeks. I wonder if anybody is aware of a good video that shows how to operate it properly. I’ve heard it’s an excellent machine once you learn it.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I think Calabash has a video....

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe if you go above 89 on the gain it should run smoother. It did for me on the Kruzer. Put it on 90 and see what happens.

I've been thinking about getting an
Anfibio Multi, so if someone is thinking about selling theirs let me know.

tabman

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Change the freq and see what happens too..It should be quite as a church mouse in 3 tone.

TheEquinoxHunter

Nov 22, 2018
TN
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 (Main), Equinox 600(water machine), Anfibio Multi, F75+, T2SE, (Old Faithful) (Co Main), BHLRP, ACE 200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Play around with the fq shift. You need to take it out to detect. They do not like modern houses esp indoors. Weather can affect the emi as well. 3 tone should be the quietest. 89gain is fast mode and 90plus is deeper in 3tone. Be sure to ground balance it.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must be doing something wrong. On only one occasion have I ever had problems with emi, and that was when I was detecting next to a transformer that was on the ground as big as a Volkswagon "bug".

TheEquinoxHunter

Nov 22, 2018
TN
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 (Main), Equinox 600(water machine), Anfibio Multi, F75+, T2SE, (Old Faithful) (Co Main), BHLRP, ACE 200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my youtube channel, I have quite a bit on the Anfibio and other detectors. This video link will get you to my channel and u can browse. I have alot of test and hunts. My machine was always super quiet 98% of the time which you will see in videos.

TheEquinoxHunter

Nov 22, 2018
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I regret selling mine. I just wanted a little more depth in 3tone at 89gain for fast recovery. Due to some of my sites that I hunt.

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a lot like the Kruzer............very noisy depending on your location. Mine never goes quiet........it only gets tolerable at best when I'm in an urban setting. Go into your frequency setting, hit the select botton the the left of your buttom pad and play around with the frequency shift. Most people say F1 is the best but you can play around. Make sure you ground balance. You can mess around with your discrimination to block out some of the lower iron range to quiet things down, or you can adjust your iron volume down to mute it out. The good news is actual targets will still chime and be obvious.

bibelot

Apr 23, 2016
Avoca,NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver sabre II, XP Deus, Makro racer, Aka Berkut 5, Aka Signum MFT, Makro red racer, Makro Racer 2,Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Multi Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Notch out 96-99 and it will quieten the chatty-ness of the machine.change your tone so the high conductors are at 80,it'll pop through ,even if partially masked, it'll leave your mind wanting to investigate....

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all So i bought an anfibio multi from Big boys Hobbies as recomended! Seems to be a well made unit, very sturdy. It took some time to get used to all features and im no expert still so much to learn but enough to get by with its features. Havent gone out in field too much its been real cold here in NJ but have done some testing in my back yard. The unit seems very chatty. I put it in 3 tone with disc at 3 and gain at 89 and it seems still very chatty. At 4 or 5 tone it gets worse. This is at 14khz freq. Although I have not gone in field I worry that the coil/unit might be defective. Is there a way to determine this? Does anyone also have this issue? I have tried freq shift but clears it up only slightly. I dont carry a phone so that cant be it and all utilities are underground and at least 80 yards away. I tried lowering the gain but in order to make a significant change im below 60 and not sure what depth I would get with that. Again im just curious if any one else has this problem and if perhaps the unit/coil is defective? I am not seasoned or by no means an expert on detectors. Thanks for any help/advise you can give.

I've owned Racer 1 and Racer 2 and both were all TERRIBLY Chatty.

Always the same with the Makros, IMHO...chatty, WAYYY to chatty.

Hence my switch to Minelab.

Matt

Jacza

Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If EMI is to high, Gain should be decreased. You will not loose too much depth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread