Favorite settings for relics and coins

Steve in tenn

Tenderfoot
Nov 9, 2018
Winchester , Tn.
Detector(s) used
I'm currently using a Garrett AT Max, my wife is new to dirt fishing, shes using a Garrett Ace 300. I also have a Fisher
F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a coin hunter and got my Multi two months ago. I watched many youtube videos and I would recommend that you do the same. I find the menu to be extremely easy to navigate and adjust. I have tried most of the modes and I have settled on three tone mode. I hunt with factory defaults, but use the 5khz frequency. I watched a video where Calabash advised turning ISAT off to achieve greater depth. I do this and I have found some very deep coins. In three tone, the detector is very fast at sensitivities less than 90. Above 90 loses some recovery speed, but gains depth. When I run into heavy trash, just lower the sens and it turns into a completely different detector. I am a die hard Explorer user and my SE Pro might not see much future use, that is how much I like the Anfibio Multi.

OP
OP
S

Steve in tenn

Tenderfoot
Nov 9, 2018
Winchester , Tn.
Detector(s) used
I'm currently using a Garrett AT Max, my wife is new to dirt fishing, shes using a Garrett Ace 300. I also have a Fisher
F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Ray! Like I've told my wife, every time you get a new detector, you have to learn to hunt all over again. Have a Great Christmas!

DavidDigs4Free

May 20, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought my new Anfibio Multi in April. I have been studying this users guide by Clive Clynick and found it to be extremely useful and full of good information to cut down the learning curve on using the Anfibio. Hopes this helps out.

Home

NOKTAMAKRO-frnt.jpg

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Basically.....if you're relic hunting you should probably be running the machine in a mostly open pattern with as much sensitivity as you can. Cool relics can be made of anything......even iron! Plus you'll want to hear the iron to let you know when you're in a place you should pay attention to.

I run deep mode wide open for relics. I only use the stock disc setting which is 4 or 5.....isat off, pretty much stock other than that. You can play with your tones and volume if you like but I never bothered, I like to hear everything. I love deep mode because it has that scaling audio(similar to beach or two tone) which helps me pick out more significant items from the normal nail and trash bed on sound alone. I find it very helpful although in productive places I'll run 4 tones as well, just because it seems to favour fine jewelry for whatever reason.

Since you have a multi you may also want to take advantage of your multiple frequencies in any hot spots you find. They really do make a difference so go over those hot spots multiple times.

Akb082317

Aug 10, 2020
PA
Detector(s) used
Anfibio multi
Simplex +
Ctx-3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For relic and coin this is how I set it up. I use 3 tone start by ground balancing, set gain to 94 this is situational to area your in. Disc I drop to 14, notch15, notch vol 1. Tone 14,40,70 Tone break 5,25,60. I sat I set to zero. After all that I setup 4 tone identical. Only difference is on the 4th tone I make 61. This way if your running in 3 tone and have an iffy signal and depth may be in issue drop it into 4 tone real quick to get more depth and check it in 4 tone. I like doing this to keep my tones sounding exactly the same but receiving the extra depth benefit of 4 tone. I don’t rely on vdi numbers usually only by sounds. Hope it helps
Good luck hunting

tennredneck

Apr 4, 2011
some of the things learned while using my anfibio multi: in heavy iron/trashy areas i hunt in 3 tone with disc to 20 . the area i have been hunting lately is where they tore down an old school and the ground is riddles with old rusty nails and the anfibio loves them and they read and sound just like a coin. i set up my 2 tone mode with the disc at 5 as a check for my 3 tone mode. these nails give a vdi of mid 80's to mid 90's so i switch to 2 tone and listen to the iron grunt to see if there is still a high tone in there. next i stick my shovel in as if i was gonna dig it and give a slight push up to disrupt the ground a little because many times the signal will disappear after doing that indicating a rusty old nail.

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, White DFX, Fisher F4, White V3i, Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good post. Your question mirrors mine, since I hunted with a White DFX for over 10 years and just bought a Nokta Anfibio yesterday. I had a test garden in backyard, and the DFX misses on an 8 inch dime. But Anfibio hits the 11 inch dime every time, thats just one example. Am not bashing the DFX, I found some amazing stuff with it. But its time to move on. Single screen is a breeze to operate. Gonna start in 3 or 4 tones and learn machine. Good luck !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread