Useful Battery Life Question

DavidDigs4Free

May 20, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
Other
I was wondering if anyone else with an Anfibio Multi is experiencing similar behavior.
After about 3 hours of use my battery status loses 2 bars, after 5 hours of use I'm down to just one bar left. I really haven't used the detector longer than about 6 hours before recharging it. I was hoping the batteries would last at least 12 hours before needing a complete re-charge. I don't know how long my batteries will last before shutting down, but being down to one bar after 5 hours doesn't seem right. I purchased this detector in April of 2020, it's still brand new.

Is this normal for this detectors batteries. Has anyone else experienced similar behavior? Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed the same thing with the Multi I had. I never used it to the point it shut down. I do know that using the 5khz really used the battery quickly. I used the low frequency almost exclusively, but I ran out of gas before the detector did.

OP
OP
DavidDigs4Free

DavidDigs4Free

May 20, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the input rayoh. I've been hunting sliver mostly and am using 5 KHz and 5 Tone most of the time. Here's the response I received from Nokta/Makro when i presented the question to them.

Just for your information, the average charging time is around 10-12 hours but of course it depends on the frequency used, the settings activated such as sound, vibration, wireless etc…
For example, the battery life with the 5 KHZ frequency is less than with the other frequencies.
In any case, if you feel that there is an issue do not hesitate to contact Van so he will be happy to assist you.
Your device is 2 years warranty so do not worry about that, we will fix the issue in case there is a problem with your battery.

Regards
Volkan

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5khz will drain the machine fairly quickly. My Makro Kruzer will last about 5 hours or so before I'm down to about two bars. On 14khz I can go for double that. If you run without headphones that drain will be quicker. If you're in a very loud environment that will also cause a quicker drain.

Try charging the machine using a computer USB port. I find I get better battery life this way than I do using the wall charger. If that doesn't help contact Makro again. This is also why I bought the backup battery pack..........for emergencies. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread