Iron seems to come up as a non-ferrous metal most of the time on my anfibio multi

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do not own an Anfibio but given your question, I have an idea; locate/find a 90/91 which should be either a quarter or a bottlecap. Swing slowly while lifting up your coil, .. if the 90/91 is pretty solid, most times its a coin, if not, its mostly trash. I'd try this with your high 90s indicators. Listen closely to how a coin rings-up, the numbers aren't everything to consider. Have fun!

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you've got a good ground balance.

Check the size of the target. Large iron objects often ring up high on most (if not all) machines. I prefer the wiggle method - wiggle the coil (tight movements) back until you lose the target. Do that as you rotate around the target. Oftentimes iron will give off iron grunts as you wiggle the coil back off the target. If the target is large - it isn't a coin. You can also size a target using pinpoint.

As mentioned by the prior poster - raise the coil as you're swinging over the target. A large target will sound off even when the coil is quite a bit above the ground. Large iron tends to give wildly fluctuating numbers and oftentimes iron grunts.

If it is a regular issue you might want to notch those numbers out. You can then choose to not hear the tone for those ID numbers, or you can choose the volume level you'd like for those notched out ID numbers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread