Nokta FORS Gold Finds Gold!

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am glad AzViper stirred the pot to get the ball rolling. I will be honest and admit I never considered getting a Nokta simply because they are a company I knew nothing about from Turkey. I guess I am chicken that way but I tend to stick with what would be considered mainstream product. The bottom line is I have discovered that Nokta is a company that builds quality metal detectors and they appear eager for their detectors to be well received in the US. I expect them to go the extra mile in backing their product up.

The Nokta FORS Gold is easily the equal of any of the other mid-frequency nugget detectors and exceeds them in many ways. Depth of detection and sensitivity are among the best but do not expect to match a high frequency detector for small gold ability, though the Nokta is close. What I am seeing is across the board good performance for VLF nugget detecting combined with exceptional ground handling capability. The key features:

1. The FORS Gold runs in pure all metal mode while displaying target id number in the handle mounted LCD window. This allows for best performance with an eye towards dig it all detecting, yet allows obvious junks targets to be verified and ignored if desired. The key is no mode switching is needed, and time waster and ultimately something that wears out controls.

2. You have all ground balancing options possible. There is the easy push button and bob, or "grab" type ground balancing. There is pure manual adjust up and down ground balancing. And there is full automatic ground tracking.

3. There is an efficient tone based discrimination mode, called Boost Mode, that can be used to easily sort out ferrous trash and most hot rocks by either tones or outright discrimination of these undesired targets. Yet detection of gold nuggets is only minimally affected.

4. There is a three tone mode aimed more at coin detecting that makes the FORS Gold suitable for almost all detecting tasks, whether coin, relic, or jewelry detecting. The only area to expect only moderate performance would be on saltwater beaches, where all single frequency detectors suffer. The FORS Gold is a true do it all detector.

Look at all the other gold nugget detectors out there and ask if they can run in all metal mode while simultaneously displaying target id numbers on screen, and if they offer ground grab, manual ground balance, and automatic ground tracking. The surprising answer will be no. No other nugget detector offers all these options in a single unit. Only a few top end expensive coin detectors do so but they lack the nugget detecting power of the FORS Gold. This alone makes the Nokta FORS Gold a unique and valuable addition to the VLF nugget detecting world and one worth serious consideration.

Here is 3.3 grams of gold I extracted from highly mineralized trash infested ground with the Nokta FORS Gold. The kind of place PI operators run from due to all the junk. Frankly, I was just expecting to find bullets that day and so was surprised when gold nuggets started appearing. Including what turned out to be a very delicate 2 gram piece of lacy gold. I can say the Nokta FORS Gold easily exceeded my expectations.

Many thanks to AzViper for getting the ball rolling and to Dilek Gonulay at Nokta for affording me the opportunity to learn about Nokta and its fine products.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/m...i-review-metal-detectors-full-disclosure.html

Attachments

• 3-3-grams-nuggets-nokta-fors-gold.jpg
    3-3-grams-nuggets-nokta-fors-gold.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 219

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks as always Steve,whats your take on the vibrate mode as it seems to work for me on smaller tiny nuggets? LED flashlight is great too but must work on a hip/chest mount though-John

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet gold!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold!!!!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sexy gold!!!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks as always Steve,whats your take on the vibrate mode as it seems to work
for me on smaller tiny nuggets? LED flashlight is great too but must work on a hip/chest mount though-John

Ditto here John. For those of us who can't hear much a vibrate mode
would be the cat's meow, for sure. I'd pretty much given up on nugget
shooting due to my hearing, but if this machine performs as well as
these gent's suggest, it might be a way for some of us deaf guys to
get back out there!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tested it at the beach, the vibration feature in hand grip works great even on tiny targets....

OP
OP
Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry, was out prospecting again. OK, not sorry about that, but sorry so long to reply.

I only used the vibrate mode enough to confirm it works, and it works well. Anyone used to using the new style pinpointers will be instantly familiar with it. It is a great out-of-box thinking innovative feature. Sure to be a hit with the hard or hearing or the deaf, and good even for those with good hearing but in heavy wind or next to rushing water.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It worked good at beach on day with lots of surf noise...

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find any gold today Steve? How is the mineralization out there?

OP
OP
Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No gold. Happens more often than not! I get around so mineralization ranges from not bad to pretty severe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread