Makro gold racer

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Judging from the feedback I have seen on a number of forums and viewing the basic videos that have been published I would say that the acceptance of this machine is very low. One area that many have found as a stopping point is the failure of the unit to maintain settings when turned off. Just do a search and find for yourself. Maybe if we complain enough early the company may get off their duff and make changes prior to getting this thing fully on the market.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sycotoad, your post was deleted because of the insult, stop your insults now.....

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's no rush considering how well the Racer hits on small gold & to the moderator my apologies - I tend to forget how fragile people can be - OP - I am sure just like the Makro Racer when it was about to be launched THEIR marketing team will let you know all the relevant information regarding the Gold as opposed to stories/rumors - hope this helps

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new machines coming out is great. My son just got into the hobby. Macro was one I am interested in. Saving settings is not a problem for me as I have to tune my detector to each area I hunt and I hunt many. While my vintage BH 202 is preset and very easy to use. I like the modern detectors and look forward to all the new machiens being put out. Would like to see more of the pros and cons about this detector.

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure you will love the Racer - Fantastic machine which has copped a lot of unecessary flak - The memory retention is NOT a problem with the Racer as its very fast to set up anyways and I also prefer to turn things off/on so it goes to factory defaults - Actually I have not heard anyone go on about the T2 not having memory retention - Perhaps its just a Turkey thing lol - I would have definately kept mine BUT I just had to see if the Fors CoRe handles better for my style of hunting - Cheers

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old post, but I hate to see such incorrect and negative information on a vendor page.
My Gold Racer more than "paid for it's self" in about 12 months of sporadic detecting.
Not many complaints. I choose it over my GB2 every time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread