Had my mind all made up.

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Sailboat coastal British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Presently Anfibio Muliti. Sold my MXT sport, TDI pro and Macro Gold Racer Just got April 2023 Deus 2 and Cscope 4 Pi (England made)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting discussion... why the Impact over the Kruzer.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always have a hard time making up my mind (because it is so large)

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't require a waterproof machine, I'd choose the Impact over the Kruzer.
More modes. More customizeable settings.

sataro

Jan 16, 2013
Corsicana, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 | Nokta Simplex+ | Tesoro Mohave | Quest Xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got the impact today. I got to say the build quality on these things are awesome. Everything is so streamline. Took it out and played with it for half an hour. Lot to learn and get use to. But it's a hot machine. Hopefully get out with it for a while tomorrow.

Glad to hear you picked up the Impact. It is one hot detector. I really liked using the di3 program. I’ve since let my Impact go to finance my new Kruzer. Nothing wrong with the Impact but the weight. Seems the older I get, I’m starting to really like the lighter machines.

Looking forward to hearing about your finds with the Impact!

Jul 3, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Nokta Impact, Nox 800, Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a great machine and easy to learn. I started out using Di3 mode then went to DI4 and am now working on VLX2. after that i will probably work on mastering Di99. Pinpointing is very accurate but the depth meter is off. That said, i can tell how deep the target is by the sound.

As far as the depth meter is concerned, keep in mind that it comes from the factory set to centimeters, not inches. This threw me off at first.

madisonmaine

Jan 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fellow Mainer

I haven't seen much on the kruzer. But hear good things of pretty much all nokta and makro products. I pretty much only hunt colonial sites. I may hit the beach once or twice a year to break up the winter blues. But I will keep my CZ-6 for the beach. Soon as I send it off and get it fixed.
I hunt with Nokta Impact too. I got mine last April and love it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread