Fors Core arrived this pm

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't got to spend much time with it because it arrived late but just some first observations.

Did get to work some in my modest test garden with the small coil and stock. Interesting results to say the least but need to spend a little more time with it before I commit and stick my foot in my mouth. Mostly good.

Physical observations are that with the stock coil and more so with the small coil it balances really nice. Man it sure feels lighter than the stated weight. I have absolutely no complaints there. Seems to bevwell built overall but there are a couple of first observations that stick out to me.

1. The toggle switches need dust covers.
2. The rather cheap plastics screen cover on the control box needs upgrading to a better quality. JMO
3. !!!!!! When I mounted the stock coil it looked skewed. Looking down the shaft and handle the coil is skewed to the right at about 1 clock. Almost impossible to swing the coil level to the ground not to mention that anything out of square just bugs the sh?? out of me. Nokta you got to fix it.
Not sure where the problem is. May be in offline holes in the shaft or how the lower shaft was constructed and the coil connection is twisted but I don't like it.

Construction wise those are the only real complaints I have.
I like the solid rod conections which have no wobble at all.
The coil bolt is larger than what I have seen and I appreciate the lever on the bolt side. The hole is a little tight on the shaft but that may be a plus in the long run.

Just a hint. I bought the pro.pack mostly to get the small coil. Initial testing is telling me that the small coil may be limited in is separation abilities compared to the stock coil.
Time will tell.
TL

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Haven't got to spend much time with it because it arrived late but just some first observations.

Did get to work some in my modest test garden with the small coil and stock. Interesting results to say the least but need to spend a little more time with it before I commit and stick my foot in my mouth. Mostly good.

Physical observations are that with the stock coil and more so with the small coil it balances really nice. Man it sure feels lighter than the stated weight. I have absolutely no complaints there. Seems to bevwell built overall but there are a couple of first observations that stick out to me.

2. The rather cheap plastics screen cover on the control box needs upgrading to a better quality. JMO
3. !!!!!! When I mounted the stock coil it looked skewed. Looking down the shaft and handle the coil is skewed to the right at about 1 clock. Almost impossible to swing the coil level to the ground not to mention that anything out of square just bugs the sh?? out of me. Nokta you got to fix it.
Not sure where the problem is. May be in offline holes in the shaft or how the lower shaft was constructed and the coil connection is twisted but I don't like it.

..Yes ..Being out of square would drive me crazy i would never be able to use it that way .. Let us know if some how you get that straighten out .. and what you think of the operation of the detector ..

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will do Keppy.

Will say that first observations between the two coils was interesting.
Also the direct relationship between sensitive, sweep speed and vid readings are things that a user will need to stay on top of.

One thing for sure is has raw power that if harnessed in a couple of ways would do amazing things.

TL

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I watched one of NiagracountyNY videos on the Fors and it was just sounding off all over it never quit making noise i did not like that either .. I like a smooth quiet running detector with a smooth threshold ..But when it chatters all the time that's not for me..

OP
OP
T

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched one of NiagracountyNY videos on the Fors and it was just sounding off all over it never quit making noise i did not like that either .. I like a smooth quiet running detector with a smooth threshold ..But when it chatters all the time that's not for me..

I have not seen the video so not sure. I will go into town this afternoon at a place that thru emi is bad and see what happens.

As info. I can run DI2 sensitive up to 94 before it starts getting chatty but the audio is good enough on targets I can run 99 sensitive and still easily know when I hit my buried 8" dime.
I can run DI3 at 99 no problem.
I have fairly mild soil GBs at 44 so of course that helps.

Have not run the machine in AM mode yet which has a threshold. The two Discrimination modes DI2 and DI3 are silent search modes.

Hope this helps.
TL

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys I have all of about 3 hers use on the Fors Core so take this info for what ever it may be worth.
Testing at this point has been in my test garden on a silver dime that has been buried right at a year.

First I need to say that I really like it so far. Easy to swing with stock coil. Feels a lot lighter than the posted weight. I have a bad shoulder and elbow and it is a blessing compared to the etrac I had. My CTX is way easier to swing than the etrac but the Core is better still.

It prefers a fast swing speed just as the manual suggest so if covering ground is important this is the machine you need.
The stock 7x11 coil is deep. In both discriminate modes using factory presets (also defaults) it will hit the 8"dime and you will have absolutely no doubt that there is a target under the coil. DI2 hits a good bit harder but DI3 will not leave you wondering if there is a target under the coil.

Well dang it company just drove up so ill get back a little later.
Sorry guys.
TL

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I like the solid rod conections which have no wobble at all.
The coil bolt is larger than what I have seen and I appreciate the lever on the bolt side. The hole is a little tight on the shaft but that may be a plus in the long run.

Just a hint. I bought the pro.pack mostly to get the small coil. Initial testing is telling me that the small coil may be limited in is separation abilities compared to the stock coil.
Time will tell.
TL

Not sure why your coil appears skewed, I never saw that on one I tested and it had the stock coil on it...... Control box sits centered on S shaft and shaft runs straight to coil attaching in center of coil.... double check the way it is put together.

OP
OP
T

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there are not but one way to put it together that I am aware of. All holes are pre drilled a the ball keepers are set. The holes in the shaft are off center, the little spring loaded ball keepers are off center or the lower shaft and coil connection are twisted.

Not sure right now who I should contact. Will try Nokia web sight this evening when things slow down around here.
T

OP
OP
T

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1903.JPG IMG_1904.JPG Pictures of misaligned shaft.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like defective shaft, quickest fix would be to ship new shaft...

OP
OP
T

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Say Treasure Hunter seeing as you tested the CoRE care to share your opinion?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck with your new machine! :occasion14:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there are not but one way to put it together that I am aware of. All holes are pre drilled a the ball keepers are set. The holes in the shaft are off center, the little spring loaded ball keepers are off center or the lower shaft and coil connection are twisted.

Not sure right now who I should contact. Will try Nokia web sight this evening when things slow down around here.
T

Hello.. Nokta Detectors here. Please contact our sales manager at [email protected] Provide her with the serial number of the device along with your delivery address and tel number. As we cannot tell whether the issue is with the lower shaft or the coil, we will send you both.

OP
OP
T

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello.. Nokta Detectors here. Please contact our sales manager at [email protected] Provide her with the serial number of the device along with your delivery address and tel number. As we cannot tell whether the issue is with the lower shaft or the coil, we will send you both.

If that's not service I don't know what is!!!

Really I don't think it is the coil but it could be. I have not mounted the large coil but I will do so today before I contact Dilek. I feel it is either the lower shaft or middle shaft, maybe a combination of the two.
I don't want to take advantage of the situation or you folks(my up bringing want let me) so I will let Dilek know later today.

Once again I am more than impressed with your quick reply, considering time zones, and your wanting to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
I will spread the word.
Thank you very much.
Dwight

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that's not service I don't know what is!!!

Really I don't think it is the coil but it could be. I have not mounted the large coil but I will do so today before I contact Dilek. I feel it is either the lower shaft or middle shaft, maybe a combination of the two.
I don't want to take advantage of the situation or you folks(my up bringing want let me) so I will let Dilek know later today.

Once again I am more than impressed with your quick reply, considering time zones, and your wanting to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
I will spread the word.
Thank you very much.
Dwight

You are very welcome. Happy and satisfied customers around the world is our biggest motivation. We make mistakes as we are all human but we try our best to fix them as soon as possible to avoid any inconvenience for our customers.
Contact Dilek and she will take care of you right away.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are very welcome. Happy and satisfied customers around the world is our biggest motivation. We make mistakes as we are all human but we try our best to fix them as soon as possible to avoid any inconvenience for our customers.
Contact Dilek and she will take care of you right away.
But your proactive, you monitor the weboards and address problems quickly....

OP
OP
T

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put the large coil on this am and the problem is with the lower or middle shaft not the coil.

Will be sending Dilek a email shortly.

Thanks a bunch Nokta.
Dwight

OP
OP
T

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sent Dilek email earlier today. Had a reply within a couple of hers telling me they would be shipping out a new lower rod right away.
Gota love that kind of service.

TL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread