Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you mean they changed the name of the …"Fors Cors" to "Marko Racer" ..So then did they change the name of the "Fors Gold" ????

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you mean they changed the name of the …"Fors Cors" to "Marko Racer" ..So then did they change the name of the "Fors Gold" ????

We did not change the name. Racer is a new machine that will be launched under our Makro brand.

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP - thanks for the miss-information - it does now-one any favors

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Who did you order from.

Appears bingbong being from Britain may be that they are getting the first rolled out machines in the market. Wonder when they are and will be available in the USA as well?

OP
OP
B

bingbong

Jun 23, 2011
london UK
Appears bingbong being from Britain may be that they are getting the first rolled out machines in the market. Wonder when they are and will be available in the USA as well?

yep Crawfords in the UK are getting their first deliveries on the Racer in mid Feb
and i feel they will be busy shifting boxes

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
yep Crawfords in the UK are getting their first deliveries on the Racer in mid Feb
and i feel they will be busy shifting boxes
Any pictures or info you can give us on the racer ? So it is a repackaged Fors core called the racer ?

Last edited:

picklepete

Nov 22, 2012
americas heartland
Detector(s) used
Quest 20, Simplex+ on order, detecting on and off since the 1970's.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The forscore is made by Nokta. The Racer is being produced by Makro, a division of Nokta. The racer will have many of the same features as the Forscore, and possibly a few more, in a lite weight design. It will also run at a different frequency. They have not released the frequency it will operate at.

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its a repackaged for core so not far out

i have a racer on order for february as its a lighter package, dont like the for core package

NO its NOT - but thanks for the miss-information

Next someone will be saying its a copy of a Fisher/Whites/Garrett ................

It is what it is - An exciting NEW product from Makro called 'Racer' metal detector and NOT a re-branded Fors Core

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14khz for the coin/relic 'Racer' however the Racer Gold khz has not been released as of yet - hope this helps

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Makro

Actually this is a quote straight from Nokta (owners of Makro):

"The new Makro Racer will have the same performance - if not better in some circumstances - as the FORS delivered in a more elegant, and lighter design. It will come in a standard and a pro pack like the FORS but we are not including the large coil in the pro pack this time because most people prefer the medium and the small ones and we also want the pro pack to be at an affordable price point for most users. The large coil will be sold separately. We will also have an optional Bluetooth headphones available for the unit."

It is 14 kHz. The feature set is nearly identical to the FORS CoRe. The coils will not be interchangeable with the FORS units however. The Racer will be released in February. There will be a second model called the Gold Racer released a few months later.

Attachments

• makro-racer-metal-detector-large-studio.jpg
    makro-racer-metal-detector-large-studio.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 247

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder how it is compared to the Fors Core .? good looking detector though..

OP
OP
B

bingbong

Jun 23, 2011
london UK

Next someone will be saying its a copy of a Fisher/Whites/Garrett ................

It is what it is - An exciting NEW product from Makro called 'Racer' metal detector and NOT a re-branded Fors Core

if its not a good copy of the fors core it wont sell as thats the idea behind the racer it being a repakaged core allbeit with a slightly lower frequ
according to the hype so far

OP
OP
B

bingbong

Jun 23, 2011
london UK

from the dilek chap

Hello all.. This is Dilek - For those who do not know me - I am the Sales&Marketing Manager at Nokta.
As I have mentioned on Steve's forum, actually I am not supposed to be giving more info on the new Makro Racer but when I see posts, I cannot help it:-)

The new Makro Racer will have the same performance -if not better in some circumstances - as the FORS delivered in a more elegant and lighter design.
It will come in a standard and a pro pack like the FORS but we are not including the large coil in the pro pack this time because most people prefer the medium and the small ones and we also want the pro pack to be at an affordable price point for most users. The large coil will be sold separately. We will also have optional bluetooth headphones available for the unit.

To answer some of the posts on Nokta and Makro - Nokta and Makro were owned by 2 brothers but they were totally independent manufacturers and funny but true they were competitors in a way. And both were growing companies. In the midst of our growth in 2011, we made a strategic move and we bought some shares of Makro. Nokta Detectors’ developing and manufacturing the Makro branded products along with Nokta products and the fast increasing brand awareness of both brands in the world market opened the door for these 2 companies to unite their forces and after long deliberations, Nokta Detectors completely bought out Makro Detectors in December 2014.

Nokta product line is currently distributed by Kellyco in Florida and Makro product line is distributed by Detector Electronics (Metal Detectors for Hobby & Security from Top Brands | MetalDetector.com) in MA.

And yes we are working on a lot of new products and technologies - including entry level detectors, imaging systems, PI machines etc etc. Some projects will take longer than others but we will make it all happen with your support and feedbacks. Thank you all!!

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I understand it -

"The new Makro Racer will have the same performance - if not better in some circumstances - as the FORS delivered in a more elegant, and lighter design"

which IMO is different to "its a repackaged for core"

however I do understand the point you were making -

Cheers - I cant wait to try one also

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bingbong

Jun 23, 2011
london UK
As I understand it -

"The new Makro Racer will have the same performance - if not better in some circumstances - as the FORS delivered in a more elegant, and lighter design"

which IMO is different to "its a repackaged for core"

however I do understand the point you were making -

Cheers - I cant wait to try one also

nitpicking fool

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other