Nokta FORS Control Box & Scuff Cover Improvements

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I already have a Nokta FORS Gold and I just received a latest update Nokta FORS CoRe control box that will run on the same handle and coil assembly. This is really fantastic because back on October 11th I did a detailed review of the Nokta FORS Gold At that time I noted that I thought the control panel rocker switches were a problem as they would collect dirt and water. I also pointed out the left side mounted control panel would provide some hardship for left handed people.

Nokta responded by almost immediately announcing a special order version for left handed people! Shortly after that they announced the control switches would be upgraded. I have never in my decades of experience working with metal detector manufacturers seen anyone respond so quickly is addressing physical issues with a model already in production. There was nothing wrong or defective. It was just things that could be improved on. It was a rather stunning response and really made me sit up and pay attention to the company even more.

The bottom line is the LCD panel has been redesigned with a sealed touch pad. The power toggle has been replaced with one incorporating a rubber accordian type seal. The plastic cap covering the headphone jack has been replaced with a softer rubber version that seals better. The ground balance tracking rocker, which is in the downside facing protected end has been left as is, which is fine as this is a rarely operated switch anyway.

I also had noted that the coil scuff covers were paper thin and subject to splitting when removed and not likely to last in any case. Nokta sent a couple new scuff covers along with the control box. They are much thicker and either the extra thickness of use of a different plastic mix now has them feeling much tougher, comparable to other good scuff covers on the market.

This really should be nothing worth making a big deal out of except I think most people would agree we have all gotten pretty used to just generally being ignored. People make simple, sensible suggestions, and years go by with no change and no acknowledgement even of the suggestion. We have been told for ages changes like this just are not practical, so live with it. Well, looks like the game is about to change!

Attachments

• new-nokta-fors-sealed-push-buttons.jpg
    new-nokta-fors-sealed-push-buttons.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 100
  • new-nokta-fors-sealed-rocker-and-rubber-headphone-cover.jpg
    new-nokta-fors-sealed-rocker-and-rubber-headphone-cover.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 89

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
That is great news Steve a detector co. that listens to the buyers and does something about it . I think they will do a lot of business here in the states. Good post good news .. And they did not fool around they went right to it .. Not next year but now . So we see it can be done if the detector companies want to do it ..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread