F

FollowTheBeep

Jul 15, 2014
Bloomington, IL
Detector(s) used
Racer, ACE 250, Propointer AT, Cen-tec pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From what I've seen so far, the separation and depth appear good on this unit. I would just like to see more head to head comparisons of popular machines. Comparing it to the FORS Core doesn't provide the same point of reference for most people that haven't done the same amount of research on the FORS as the more prevalent machines out there. If we can get T2/F75 results closer to AT Pro prices, I'd dig that!

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was really looking forward to this detector. .But this might sound crazy, but when the price was listed i was disappointed! !! I knew then this waa going to be just another at-pro..
I was looking for something better then what i had..Geuss I will still have to wait..
Ps. I have the xp deus and the CTX. .
George

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was really looking forward to this detector. .But this might sound crazy, but when the price was listed i was disappointed! !! I knew then this waa going to be just another at-pro..
I was looking for something better then what i had..Geuss I will still have to wait..
Ps. I have the xp deus and the CTX. .
George

I mean no disrespect but you want something better than ctx and xp deus.What do you find not to be good enough about those machines?

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mean no disrespect but you want something better than ctx and xp deus.What do you find not to be good enough about those machines?

None taking. ..lol
There great machines. Just looking for something new..You know, better mousetrap. .HaHa..

OP
OP
F

FollowTheBeep

Jul 15, 2014
Bloomington, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My hopes were for a higher quality machine at a lower price which in turn would move the market as a whole to lower prices.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My hopes were for a higher quality machine at a lower price which in turn would move the market as a whole to lower prices.

Good luck with that one..lol..

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am about wore out looking at these videos and the racer's display never showed the higher numbers when crossing the penny and stayed down around 40. On the ATP video (rusty nails vs clean nails) there was no shot of the display but I could clearly hear that crisp high tone from the copper. The Omega did well also and showed pretty positive results. The longer and stronger I look at the Racer the more I find that does not measure up to the hype. More and better video tests would be welcomed, with some head to head tests. What videos done so far does represent a lot of work and they are greatly appreciated but as the interest raises the thirst for more in depth data begins to happen.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am about wore out looking at these videos and the racer's display never showed the higher numbers when crossing the penny and stayed down around 40. On the ATP video (rusty nails vs clean nails) there was no shot of the display but I could clearly hear that crisp high tone from the copper. The Omega did well also and showed pretty positive results. The longer and stronger I look at the Racer the more I find that does not measure up to the hype. More and better video tests would be welcomed, with some head to head tests. What videos done so far does represent a lot of work and they are greatly appreciated but as the interest raises the thirst for more in depth data begins to happen.

I agree!!

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think lot of people are thinking just like me........Give this thing some time and have another look after its been out for a while

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will wait and see further tests...but I dont see this machine being any better than the new versions of the f75 or t2. Which has kinda become my standard to judge by. The racer does have a great look though.

OP
OP
F

FollowTheBeep

Jul 15, 2014
Bloomington, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it were on par with those machines, it would be a great value!

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Listen closely to the audio of the Racer and the Fors CoRe. They are giving a blend of iron grunt and high tone. Other detectors depending on the machine settings and programming will give one or the other, but not both. Plus VCO audio. The Racer Pro package with 2 coils and case and covers is a heck of a deal in my opinion for something that performs that well.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My research has given me the impression that the manufacture is scanning these forums for feedback and they have got a ear full. I suspect that there will be a longer delay if they plan on bringing it up to the standards that forum members have posted on the threads as what a machine of this cost should perform like.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread