Racer vs. AT Pro?

FollowTheBeep

Jul 15, 2014
Bloomington, IL
Detector(s) used
Racer, ACE 250, Propointer AT, Cen-tec pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, I've watched all the videos thus far and I've read all the forums regarding information on the racer. I would really like to hear an opinion from one of the testers on how they would compare the Racer to an AT Pro as a land machine. I've seen a great deal of comparison to the T2 and F75 but the Racer's standard price point is closer to the AT.

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I've watched all the videos thus far and I've read all the forums regarding information on the racer. I would really like to hear an opinion from one of the testers on how they would compare the Racer to an AT Pro as a land machine. I've seen a great deal of comparison to the T2 and F75 but the Racer's standard price point is closer to the AT.

If you look at the reviews on the Nokta Fors CoRe you can see what the Makro Racer is comparable to. At this time this is the most information that can be gathered on the Racer which is scheduled to be released soon. I myself have looked at all I can find on the internet about the Racer and the Nokta Fors CoRe units. The best reviews if you haven't seen them are at Steve Herschbachs' site on the following link. He has a detailed review on the Nokta Fors Gold and Fors CoRe (which are very similar units), and also great reviews on the AT Gold and AT Pro. He has stated that the coming Makro Racer is supposed to be as good as the Fors CoRe, which is a very good machine from all that I have seen on the net about them. I am looking to get another machine also in the near future....and I think that I will wait till the Racer is released before I make my decision on which unit to get. The Fors CoRe unit has a beach mode and also is a great detector for highly mineralized areas for gold hunting. Steve will also be doing a test and review on the Racer when it comes available........something to look forward to. In the meantime I will continue to plug along with my CZ-20. It would be well worth the wait to see the Racer perform.

Also...I am leaning toward the Nokta Fors CoRe......for all the functions it has and versatility to hunt beaches and gold bearing areas....can't beat it. The price has also been lowered on these units to $595.00 at Kellyco. I really don't think the At Pro compares to this unit.....unless you absolutely need a water machine. For that I have the CZ-20

Link for review info:

Metal Detectors and Metal Detecting Accessories

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread