Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nokta's (Dilek) reply on the Impact from another website...

Nokta Detectors said:
Hello all… As promised, I wanted to give you the insight on the Impact posts that have been going around for the past few days which caused a lot of confusion.
First of all, I will repeat a few things that were already mentioned in our Makro acquisition announcement so I am sorry if it is repetition for some of you guys but I see a lot of confusion about Nokta and Makro brands in general apart from the ‘’Impact’’ posts. Nokta and Makro were 2 separate manufacturers owned by 2 brothers in the past with their own distribution channels. Although the companies were owned by 2 brothers, they were competitors just like they were competing against other brands in the industry. A few years ago, Nokta bought certain shares of Makro and started to develop products for them and as of December 2014, Nokta completely bought out Makro. In short, there is one manufacturer with 2 different brands right now. The merger gave us grounds to offer customers a richer product portfolio at different price points.

You need to understand that Nokta and Makro have had different distribution channels simply because they were 2 separate companies in the past and many of our customers wanted it to keep it that way after the merger. As the Makro RACER created a lot of excitement around the world, some Nokta dealers asked for new products under the Nokta brand name as well. Basically there were 2 things in discussion with certain resellers:

1)Rebranding the Makro RACER under the Nokta brand name

2)Nokta’s future projects including the ‘’Impact’’

With option number 1, there were a few emails exchanged however when the situation was evaluated, the final decision was not to rebrand the RACER but rather wait for the future Nokta projects and ‘’Impact’’ was the one in discussion. Unfortunately, there was a misunderstanding and confusion at the Kellyco end certain posts were made for a product that we had decided not to move forward with already. When I saw the posts, I personally made the call and asked them to be removed.
So to clarify it even further – Currently no product called ‘’Impact’’ exists at this time. There is a project called ‘’Impact’’ in the works which is really very early to talk about but that project has nothing to do with RACER in terms of design, features, specs etc. The features or specs have not been implemented or tested yet. The price point-definitely above the RACER range. RACER customers should not be concerned as there is no Nokta product being launched as seen in the images in the Impact posts.
There are some posts accusing us of being not honest where I personally made every effort to be as sincere as I could. However, honesty does not mean we can share all our future projects on public forums. No manufacturer could afford to do that.
This is all I will share for now but I will be here to answer questions. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your understanding.

Last edited:

Lobo UK

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2015
Cheshire
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
AKA Sorex Pro
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq
Minelab Explorer 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An update in the UK states that the Racer is on sale now, and the Impact (which is internally different from the Racer) is still being developed and therefore not for sale yet.
Nokta Makro will no doubt explain in more detail, as they do have an excellent reputation for communicating with their customers/potential customers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread