Regardless of Noktas eventual explanation of the impact of the impact

JASONSPAZ1

Oct 21, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
I have had them all but currently use a Makro Multi Kruzer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

TallTom

Mar 3, 2012
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Makro Racer, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The explanation was just posted on a couple of other forums.
I assume it will appear here shortly, too.

The bottom line: There is no product called the Impact.

Confusion came about as a result of the Makro/Nokta merger, and
uncertainty about how to offer the new Makro product (that was under way)
to Nokta dealers, who have a separate distribution channel.

OP
OP
JASONSPAZ1

JASONSPAZ1

Oct 21, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
I have had them all but currently use a Makro Multi Kruzer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually the confusion was klyco jumping the gun. In the end it is better for now that the impact falls flat and is cancelled and not released until further down the road. I did read the post on the other forum and have said the same thing. The fact is that I don't own a Makro or a Nokta. But I stand by my feelings that in my 28 years of detecting I have never seen a company care about and actually make use of customer feedback. I still think that kyco looks suspicious in releasing impact details days before the racer release. Kyco doesn't carry Makro and it appears that they may have tried to cut into Makro racer sales. But I could be wrong and it may have been an honest mistake. But kyco knows the business and should understand timed releases of products and non disclosure agreements. It is resolved now and everyone can feel comfortable in their Racer pre orders.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Regardless of the explanation. Nokta still gets high scores for keeping a dialog with customers. Nokta has still done more in the past few months in regards to customer care and interaction than some manufactures have done in their entire existence.

HH Jason
Now that is a true statement … When it comes to customer care no one comes close to Nokta .. So ..Thumbs up to Nokta..:thumbsup:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nokta's (Dilek) reply from another website....

Nokta Detectors said:
Hello all… As promised, I wanted to give you the insight on the Impact posts that have been going around for the past few days which caused a lot of confusion.
First of all, I will repeat a few things that were already mentioned in our Makro acquisition announcement so I am sorry if it is repetition for some of you guys but I see a lot of confusion about Nokta and Makro brands in general apart from the ‘’Impact’’ posts. Nokta and Makro were 2 separate manufacturers owned by 2 brothers in the past with their own distribution channels. Although the companies were owned by 2 brothers, they were competitors just like they were competing against other brands in the industry. A few years ago, Nokta bought certain shares of Makro and started to develop products for them and as of December 2014, Nokta completely bought out Makro. In short, there is one manufacturer with 2 different brands right now. The merger gave us grounds to offer customers a richer product portfolio at different price points.

You need to understand that Nokta and Makro have had different distribution channels simply because they were 2 separate companies in the past and many of our customers wanted it to keep it that way after the merger. As the Makro RACER created a lot of excitement around the world, some Nokta dealers asked for new products under the Nokta brand name as well. Basically there were 2 things in discussion with certain resellers:

1)Rebranding the Makro RACER under the Nokta brand name

2)Nokta’s future projects including the ‘’Impact’’

With option number 1, there were a few emails exchanged however when the situation was evaluated, the final decision was not to rebrand the RACER but rather wait for the future Nokta projects and ‘’Impact’’ was the one in discussion. Unfortunately, there was a misunderstanding and confusion at the Kellyco end certain posts were made for a product that we had decided not to move forward with already. When I saw the posts, I personally made the call and asked them to be removed.
So to clarify it even further – Currently no product called ‘’Impact’’ exists at this time. There is a project called ‘’Impact’’ in the works which is really very early to talk about but that project has nothing to do with RACER in terms of design, features, specs etc. The features or specs have not been implemented or tested yet. The price point-definitely above the RACER range. RACER customers should not be concerned as there is no Nokta product being launched as seen in the images in the Impact posts.
There are some posts accusing us of being not honest where I personally made every effort to be as sincere as I could. However, honesty does not mean we can share all our future projects on public forums. No manufacturer could afford to do that.
This is all I will share for now but I will be here to answer questions. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your understanding.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Juice Nokta is a supporting vendor, they have replied to the issues...

Zampano

May 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Regardless of the explanation. Nokta still gets high scores for keeping a dialog with customers. Nokta has still done more in the past few months in regards to customer care and interaction than some manufactures have done in their entire existence.

HH Jason

Fully agreed! Dilek, the sales manager does a great job — I hope the new Makro Racer will be as performant as her.

Cheers from Switzerland
Zampano

Last edited:

Ashcat

Jun 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Whites DFX, a Nokta Fors CoRe and a Excalibur II if you would like a good workout buy the Nokta it will have you digging all day. It is not a joke. I went to the Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago I took out the Excalibur it was so so. (I don't like the fact I have to keep recharging it :icon_scratch: why not make a battery compartment that is water proof for AA?) I went back over the same spots with the Nokta. Side note: get a converter app or a metric tape measure. It registered at 38 cm I dug for over 5 mins and could not find what it was detecting. I passed the head over the dirt it read it was dug up. I used my scooper and pinpointer it was get this a dime. Most dealers do not recommend Nokta nor Makro detectors because the profit margin from what I understand is very slim compared to other detectors. This detector is more easier to use than my DFX and penetrates the dirt more than my Excalibur. I am thinking of the Gold King DPR for my next purchase because I do believe in their products that much.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Whites DFX, a Nokta Fors CoRe and a Excalibur II if you would like a good workout buy the Nokta it will have you digging all day. It is not a joke. I went to the Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago I took out the Excalibur it was so so. (I don't like the fact I have to keep recharging it :icon_scratch: why not make a battery compartment that is water proof for AA?) I went back over the same spots with the Nokta. Side note: get a converter app or a metric tape measure. It registered at 38 cm I dug for over 5 mins and could not find what it was detecting. I passed the head over the dirt it read it was dug up. I used my scooper and pinpointer it was get this a dime. Most dealers do not recommend Nokta nor Makro detectors because the profit margin from what I understand is very slim compared to other detectors. This detector is more easier to use than my DFX and penetrates the dirt more than my Excalibur. I am thinking of the Gold King DPR for my next purchase because I do believe in their products that much.

You either have a problem with your excal or your not tuning it correctly. I have have owned 3 excals and I still on two excals and I have been using them for 10 years. In coin test garden excal with 10 inch coil sees dimes at 14-16 inches. My 2 excals are modded with 15 " coils, reverse pp mods and hunting in pp/all metal I dig targets 20"+ at beach.... Even the Excalibur's with 8" coils sees over 12" when tuned properly....

I have tested multiple Fors cores and Fors Gold in test garden and none see anywhere near the depth of the excals with stock 10" coil..

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You either have a problem with your excal or your not tuning it correctly. I have have owned 3 excals and I still on two excals and I have been using them for 10 years. In coin test garden excal with 10 inch coil sees dimes at 14-16 inches. My 2 excals are modded with 15 " coils, reverse pp mods and hunting in pp/all metal I dig targets 20"+ at beach.... Even the Excalibur's with 8" coils sees over 12" when tuned properly....

I have tested multiple Fors cores and Fors Gold in test garden and none see anywhere near the depth of the excals with stock 10" coil..

with all due respect sir - that's what makes this hobby so special -

what works for 'Ashcat' may not necessarily work for someone else

:thumbsup:

'

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with all due respect sir - that's what makes this hobby so special -

what works for 'Ashcat' may not necessarily work for someone else

:thumbsup:

'
All I'm saying is if that is all the depth he is getting on excal something is wrong with his excal or settings.

There is new battery for excal available now that is 3000 mah, a single charge will last over 30 hours...

Last edited:

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait a minute, on another forum, Dilek posted that the 2.4 GHz headphones will work on the impact "unless changed during final testing stages"
So why mention final testing stages of it isn't even a physical product yet?
I'm confused.

Last edited:

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait a minute, on another forum, Dilek posted that the 2.4 GHz headphones will work on the impact "unless changed during final testing stages"
So why mention final testing stages of it isn't even a physical product yet?
I'm confused.

because they may want to change that IN the final stages, where beta testers get to use the product in their field testing - maybe they might keep-em or maybe they wont -

if that confuses you then may I suggest concentrating on what is currently available as opposed to what KC blither about, as it was them after-all that caused the confusion to begin with regarding the IMpact -

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread