Nokta Fors Core Vs G2/G2+ opinions needed !

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFD, I ran it at Daytona, after manual GB it ran extremely smooth, even moving from shallow water to wet sand.

Rockhoppernc

Jan 17, 2014
Asheville
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Big Coil and like it....

WNCsweeper

Aug 4, 2013
Asheville, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core Pro pack × 2
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the big coil on the fors core and it was deep at 16 inches real world scenario out digging but if something was deeper then maybe deeper. But it will hurt your arm in a little while.

shoover17331

Sep 5, 2008
Spring Grove,PA
Detector(s) used
XLT, Blisstool V3, Nokta fors, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must have had a defective CoRe because I couldn't hit a quarter or a nickle at 10" at 8" it would hit both but the VDI numbers were low like 27 on the nickle and 58 on the quater and even with the big coil it didn't make any difference. My GB numbers here were 83

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must have had a defective CoRe because I couldn't hit a quarter or a nickle at 10" at 8" it would hit both but the VDI numbers were low like 27 on the nickle and 58 on the quater and even with the big coil it didn't make any difference. My GB numbers here were 83

Something ain't right. I'm hitting dimes at 14" so I don't understand why you aren't able to. Do you ground balance twice until you hear it beep 2-3 times.they say to do that. Just odd you cant pull a quarter at the depth that the Nokta baby DD pulls coins.

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine has been hitting deep also most dimes are 85 and quarters 89 90. I use the large coil and copper pennies are 83 84 mostly 84. Zinc clad pennies in the 76 77

Last edited:

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meant to say my GB numbers are in the 80's also.

shoover17331

Sep 5, 2008
Spring Grove,PA
Detector(s) used
XLT, Blisstool V3, Nokta fors, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something ain't right. I'm hitting dimes at 14" so I don't understand why you aren't able to. Do you ground balance twice until you hear it beep 2-3 times.they say to do that. Just odd you cant pull a quarter at the depth that the Nokta baby DD pulls coins.
Yea, I GB like you said, I talked to Keith Southerland, (relic1863) on YouTube. He said the same thing. He told me at 10" he can't hit a dime. Keith test detectors and post it to YouTube. I asked him why he didn't run the fors across his test garden. he said he didn't get good results and didn't want to post the video. So I sold mine after having the same results.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's so weird that so many ppl are having great results with them and just a couple ppl here and there aren't. Must be like with any machine your are going to have the occasional bad one in the bunch. There's a guy I think called outdoors with Joe who does a dime at 10" then does one at 15". I actually duplicated the results so I know it wasn't bunk. Was yours the one with the toggle switches or the new push button? Just wondering if it was an older or newer machine, I have the newer. Another guy on YouTube niagaracountyNY showed how deep the machine was along with another guy texastigerdigs who has done a lot of testing too. Just so odd.

OP
OP
SouthFLdigger

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my light mineral soil my Fors Core goes down to 15" on a nickel (Tried it in dry beach sand) with no id but a solid tone, in DI2, sens 98, GB 60, Mask 20.This machine is now relegated to Relic or Field use here, went to a park and it wanted to go way too deep :- ).

Last edited:

WNCsweeper

Aug 4, 2013
Asheville, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core Pro pack × 2
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah that's weird. Mines going deep as hell.

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is super deep as well, when coin shooting I just crank the gain way down which helps keep me from digging to china.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions