Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are proud to announce the new waterproof Nokta Pointer:

This one has me scratching my head. I understand that Nokta and Makro have merged, or are operating as one, whatever the situation is. However, this Nokta Pointer is just a Makro Pointer with a new paint job and logo change. Even the included accessories are identical aside from the logo, as seen here:

makropointercontents.jpg package-lg.jpg

I'm struggling to understand what is going on. Is the Makro brand going to be disappearing? The recent disappearance of a Makro Racer from Kellyco also makes one wonder. Or are you going to keep releasing 2 versions of the same technology, branded differently, with minor cosmetic differences? That would be certain to cause confusion.

Last edited:

FollowTheBeep

Jul 15, 2014
Bloomington, IL
Detector(s) used
Racer, ACE 250, Propointer AT, Cen-tec pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Silver Simon,

From what I have read, this new pinpointer has upgraded features from the Makro version. Here is an excerpt from a post from Nokta on another forum.

'This is the Nokta Pointer distributed to all Nokta dealers around the world.
The Nokta Pointer is actually a different unit with a broader user defined sensitivity adjustment, lost alarm and an auto shut off feature.
The button combinations are also different. Based on customer feedbacks, a more visible color combination is also used.'

As for the "disappearance of a Makro Racer from Kellyco", the Impact, as it was called was mistakenly posted. It was a conceptual picture of a possible project which is not even in production.

I do wonder about those who say that multiple similar machines with different skins is confusing when they come from the same company but under different brand names. There doesn't seem to be an issue with the same thing going on with Fisher/Tekenetics.

Anyway, I hope this helps clear up some confusion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread