Nokta Fors Core salt water tests

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
SouthFLdigger

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then are you saying that the Fors Core is better than the Sovereign ..

No i was referring to the Coinmaster GT a poster was eluding to, not the Sov GT. The Fors Core is "good" on 36.4 o/oo wet sand not excellent like the Sov GT.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No i was referring to the Coinmaster GT a poster was eluding to, not the Sov GT. The Fors Core is "good" on 36.4 o/oo wet sand not excellent like the Sov /GT.
Thanks for clearing that up...

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the information it was very helpful. I own a Fors Gold so I don't have the dog setting but that's easy enough to duplicate on the gold version.

SouthFLDigger, did you turn on the auto tracking feature when you did any of the tests? I saw Bill Ladd with his racer turn his on and it cleared up a lot and allowed him to turn his gain up without chatter and seemed to gain clearer responses on targets. I live in Maryland near ocean city beach and I hit that along with Delaware beaches and I think this Nokta will work better than any of the others I've used before.

OP
OP
SouthFLdigger

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the information it was very helpful. I own a Fors Gold so I don't have the dog setting but that's easy enough to duplicate on the gold version.

SouthFLDigger, did you turn on the auto tracking feature when you did any of the tests? I saw Bill Ladd with his racer turn his on and it cleared up a lot and allowed him to turn his gain up without chatter and seemed to gain clearer responses on targets. I live in Maryland near ocean city beach and I hit that along with Delaware beaches and I think this Nokta will work better than any of the others I've used before.

Hello Badger i see you're having a great time with your machine. I set my ground balance to manual, the instructions state to use manual ground balance for beach detecting and i did so. I did not even try auto-tracking, problem is any ground balance setting above 0.0 here in the super salty wet sand will result in noise with the Fors Core. With a manual 0.0 ground balance it is quiet and very deep on a coin (Nickel) (10-11") for a single frequency VLF machine on salty sand. The Fors Core/Racer truly is an all terrain detector, now if they made it waterproof it would be perfect. I have tried, AT-Pro, G2, Omega, Gamma, Delta, Time Ranger V4, Garrett GTI2500, ACE-150/350, Compadre, Vaquero. None of these detectors can maintain a high enough sensitivity while remaining stable without (False Positives) chatter to be able to pickup a coin at 10-12" in wet soaking very high salinity sand. The only ones that can do this effectively is the Fors-Core, Whites DFX, Whites Beach Hunter ID 9.5" and CZ-20.

Last edited:

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Badger i see you're having a great time with your machine. I set my ground balance to manual, the instructions state to use manual ground balance for beach detecting and i did so. I did not even try auto-tracking, problem is any ground balance setting above 0.0 here in the super salty wet sand will result in noise with the Fors Core. With a manual 0.0 ground balance it is quiet and very deep on a coin (Nickel) (10-11") for a single frequency VLF machine on salty sand. The Fors Core/Racer truly is an all terrain detector, now if they made it waterproof it would be perfect. I have tried, AT-Pro, G2, Omega, Gamma, Delta, Time Ranger V4, Garrett GTI2500, ACE-150/350, Compadre, Vaquero. None of these detectors can maintain a high enough sensitivity while remaining stable without (False Positives) chatter to be able to pickup a coin at 10-12" in wet soaking very high salinity sand. The only ones that can do this effectively is the Fors-Core, Whites DFX, Whites Beach Hunter ID 9.5" and CZ-20.

What myself and 3 buddies did was purchase Nel coils for our AT pros and the difference was night and day. I could run the AT full blast with little to no chatter and it went deep no falsing. Just had to GB between wet and dry some but was stable.
I wanted a machine that nobody around me had, that was truly a deep hitting machine but without having to put a 4 pound coil on the end. I make retro fit handles for the AT pro and if it wasn't for that part making the machine ergonomic I wouldn't want to swing it. The Nokta is a breeze.

Jerry123

Greenie
Sep 29, 2006
Ground Balance to 0.0 ?

When you say G B to 0.0 do you mean manual with up and down arrows to 0 G B ?

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ordered pro pack late last week. Supposed to be in a recent shipment sitting in customs for ten days then four days to arrive. Its full on spring here in wnc so getting ansty. Sold my whites coinmaster gt that I've had for over a year to get this upgrade. I had that machine totally figured out and it was awesome. I do feel like I am upgraded. but it does seem like the depth that was reported is not there.
depth in centimetres seems like that will suck. But hell if i can get this one dialed in and figured out....I guess I will be better off almost double the frequency.....the GT would not signal on small gold. if I don't like it im pretty sure I could get most of my money back.....and try something around that price.

Hello...just FYI.. you can change the depth reading of the Racer from cms to inches. It is a very easy change and the manual explains how to do it. Thank you!

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello...just FYI.. you can change the depth reading of the Racer from cms to inches. It is a very easy change and the manual explains how to do it. Thank you!

Wish you could do the same with the Nokta Fors gold, id prefer to have inches shown than centimeters.

OP
OP
SouthFLdigger

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanted to add this to the thread, Nokta needs to design a software based algorithm for recognition of crown caps (bottle caps). The Teknetics Gamma 6000, Delta 4000, Whites DFX, CZ-20 and even my Bounty Hunter Time Ranger ignore these objects without fail. I understand that these feature concentric coils and the discriminating properties of DD coils differ. But even with my G2 it was easy recognizing bottle caps. A park heavily littered with bottlecaps will make detecting impossible with the Fors Core. Don't take me wrong i like my core lots been using quite a bit in the beach and some parks, separates very well it goes deep even in wet salty sand beaches for a single frequency VLF machine. But its inability to sort the crowncaps is very frustrating. In 3 tone the subtleties can be heard perhaps 50% of the time between them and coins. But in two tone (DI2) or (COG)it is impossible.

Last edited:

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanted to add this to the thread, Nokta needs to design a software based algorithm for recognition of crown caps (bottle caps). The Teknetics Gamma 6000, Delta 4000, Whites DFX, CZ-20 and even my Bounty Hunter Time Ranger ignore these objects without fail. I understand that these feature concentric coils and the discriminating properties of DD coils differ. But even with my G2 it was easy recognizing bottle caps. A park heavily littered with bottlecaps will make detecting impossible with the Fors Core. Don't take me wrong i like my core lots been using quite a bit in the beach and some parks, separates very well it goes deep even in wet salty sand beaches for a single frequency VLF machine. But its inability to sort the crowncaps is very frustrating. In 3 tone the subtleties can be heard perhaps 50% of the time between them and coins. But in two tone (DI2) or (COG)it is impossible.

I've noticed if I use the toe or the heel it changes tone but if a good target it wont..have u noticed?

OP
OP
SouthFLdigger

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've noticed if I use the toe or the heel it changes tone but if a good target it wont..have u noticed?

Wow i should check this thread more sorry. Badger i actually stayed up till 3 AM in my backyard at the beach, playing with a bottle cap at different depth. From the surface to 8" down in the sand, wet and dry. Using the toe of the 7x11 coil im able to tell 100% accurately if im dealing with a bottle cap. The trick is to center the bottle cap with the coil until signal is optimal. Then at normal sweep speed begin a progressive but very slow backward movement moving the coil to place the object near the white Nokta sticker at the toe of the coil. There is a sweet spot at this point no more than 1" wide where the EM fields converge and overlap. When the bottle-cap is placed here it will give that distinct dirty iron grunt typical of iron. It is at times faint but will always be there, if in the process of sweeping that coil at regular speed while slowly creeping back about an 1" per swing you hear that grunt when the bottle-cap is near the toe you indeed have a bottlecap. I then attempted to see if i can acquire the grunt with known non-ferrous metals such as 3 gold rings of different sizes, all coin denomination and silver. The grunt will not appear and the sound will remain clean and easily distinguishable till the end of the toe swing with the good non ferrous targets. Overall as reported by other forum members this machine is very sound rich and informative.

Last edited:

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to know SFL digger I am going to try that out next outing I get to do.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow i should check this thread more sorry. Badger i actually stayed up till 3 AM in my backyard at the beach, playing with a bottle cap at different depth. From the surface to 8" down in the sand, wet and dry. Using the toe of the 7x11 coil im able to tell 100% accurately if im dealing with a bottle cap. The trick is to center the bottle cap with the coil until signal is optimal. Then at normal sweep speed begin a progressive but very slow backward movement moving the coil to place the object near the white Nokta sticker at the toe of the coil. There is a sweet spot at this point no more than 1" wide where the EM fields converge and overlap. When the bottle-cap is placed here it will give that distinct dirty iron grunt typical of iron. It is at times faint but will always be there, if in the process of sweeping that coil at regular speed while slowly creeping back about an 1" per swing you hear that grunt when the bottle-cap is near the toe you indeed have a bottlecap. I then attempted to see if i can acquire the grunt with known non-ferrous metals such as 3 gold rings of different sizes, all coin denomination and silver. The grunt will not appear and the sound will remain clean and easily distinguishable till the end of the toe swing with the good non ferrous targets. Overall as reported by other forum members this machine is very sound rich and informative.

That's what im referring to. The toe if swung over a bad target will show and sound different than if it is swung through the center of the coil. Noticed the same thing on friends racer.
I'm used to audio being a key component to detecting from using an ATP so the nokta has shown me it does the same but faster and deeper without much numeric jumping.

I have swung over a target and not used the toe and be fooled by a cap or pull-tab and found out by accident that if you think u have a good target just swing the toe or heel over it..if it changes tone or number dramatically it has proven to be junk.
I'm not 100% on this as I haven't been in an area to pull up gold bit this technique has shown me that it was junk aluminum etc. Try it and tell me what you think

OP
OP
SouthFLdigger

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill get out this weekend and do some more experimenting Badger, let you guys know how it goes with bottle-caps and other stuff.

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did this tuesday and it seemed to work quite well.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did this tuesday and it seemed to work quite well.

Ok so you used the toe/heel technique and it worked. How exactly..like what were you getting because I want to make sure all of us are coming up with the same stuff

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so you used the toe/heel technique and it worked. How exactly..like what were you getting because I want to make sure all of us are coming up with the same stuff

we were doing a football sideline (mostly clad) and in order to pass up on aluminum screw caps I used the heel toe method you described above and it sure seemed to work well for me. The TDIs and sounds would stay good on coins and go bad on caps.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we were doing a football sideline (mostly clad) and in order to pass up on aluminum screw caps I used the heel toe method you described above and it sure seemed to work well for me. The TDIs and sounds would stay good on coins and go bad on caps.

That's great. So we seem to have a working method on a quick and easy way to distinguish good from bad. That's how I was working my Nokta and it worked so now that you and others are backing it up proves this is a viable method. I was growing tired of digging to prove if this method was right so im glad others got involved. These machines are really showing their value aren't they?

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they are, I love mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions