Folks that have Racers ordered

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah,I read that too.The sooner the better!

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't mean to change the subject here but these detectors do SEEM impressive and while I am interested in getting one if something should go wrong with it, where would it be sent for repairs? If it needs to be serviced, can the work be done here in North America? Just wondering....

TallTom

Mar 3, 2012
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Makro Racer, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The US distributor for Makro is Detector Electronics Corp, in Southborough, Mass, and
I believe they handle servicing in the US. You can also find forum feedback from a Nokta/Makro
representative (named Dilek) who says their approach to service is to send out replacement
components that the user can swap. So far I haven't seen any complaints on the forums
about their success with this approach, but it's still early, at least for the Makro Racer.
Other products from Makro and Nokta have been out longer, so maybe users can speak
up about how things have worked out with those products so far.

By the way, Nokta's only US dealer/distributor is Kellyco. Even though Makro and Nokta have
merged (they are owned by two brothers), they still have different US distributors and
support. Presumably that will change in the near future, but that's just speculation
at this point.

Last edited:

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The US distributor for Makro is Detector Electronics Corp, in Southborough, Mass, and
I believe they handle servicing in the US. You can also find forum feedback from a Nokta/Makro
representative (named Dilek) who says their approach to service is to send out replacement
components that the user can swap. So far I haven't seen any complaints on the forums
about their success with this approach, but it's still early, at least for the Makro Racer.
Other products from Makro and Nokta have been out longer, so maybe users can speak
up about how things have worked out with those products so far.

By the way, Nokta's only US dealer/distributor is Kellyco. Even though Makro and Nokta have
merged (they are owned by two brothers), they still have different US distributors and
support. Presumably that will change in the near future, but that's just speculation
at this point.

Thanks for the info there, TallTom...I would rather send it to the "Good Ole US of A", than overseas....Just waiting for more reports from the field to see how it really performs...

TallTom

Mar 3, 2012
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Makro Racer, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those reports from the field should start rolling in pretty quickly.
The US distributor for the Racer has received them and started sending them
out to dealers and customers. Mine is supposed to arrive via UPS on March 25.

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some of the same service concerns.I went on a journey all over the net all I found was a company really stepping up to earn business.I ordered my racer with confidence.It wont be long before end user reports start coming in some alreaady have their machines.

On a sidenote I hope Nokta and Makro know how Dilek's active participation in forums has helped.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking forward to the reviews..

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me three!!

HighTone

Jun 30, 2011
Monroe County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Etrac ~ Tesoro Vaquero ~ Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my tracking number...Hope it dont take long from Mass to Ohio.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Have seen others on other forums who have received their units and some have commented they have received notification of shipment to their residence. Just heads up!!!
Yes and i have seen some good videos made here in the states of some that have there racer on other forums .. looks good..

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info there, TallTom...I would rather send it to the "Good Ole US of A", than overseas....Just waiting for more reports from the field to see how it really performs...

The service on Makro products will be handled in the USA by the national distributor. No worries, you wont be shipping it overseas if you buy from a US dealer.

I have a couple of standard Racer packages inbound that will arrive next week if anyone is looking for one.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a comment concerning warranty issues in general. I don't mean to moan about things, but I bought a Makro pinpointer (my second one I purchased in 6 months) in January. Just in two weeks I've had issues with it not working sometimes if the battery compartment is opened. I sent it to Detector Electronics for repair, which BTW, they have turned it around quickly and I expect it in probably this coming Monday.

Anyway, why do we have to be out of the costs to ship an item, if it has problems right off like this? For that matter, every item that I've had to send for warranty issues (mainly pinpointers for some reason) has been $12-15 to ship it back.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you called them and asked?? They don't send you a shipping label?? They are covering return shipping from repair facility right????

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a comment concerning warranty issues in general. I don't mean to moan about things, but I bought a Makro pinpointer (my second one I purchased in 6 months) in January. Just in two weeks I've had issues with it not working sometimes if the battery compartment is opened. I sent it to Detector Electronics for repair, which BTW, they have turned it around quickly and I expect it in probably this coming Monday.

Anyway, why do we have to be out of the costs to ship an item, if it has problems right off like this? For that matter, every item that I've had to send for warranty issues (mainly pinpointers for some reason) has been $12-15 to ship it back.
These are valid points. If something breaks in the first 30 days, I would encourage you to contact your dealer. We can sometimes get a manufacturer to pick up the shipping if its a out of the box failure.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread