Nokta Fors showed off

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a club hunt Saturday where I had planned on showing the ppl in the club what this beast can do and wouldn't you know it 20 minutes getting ready and start hunting my stomach does that all too familiar and distressing Rumble and it was leys see how fast I can get to the car and get home. I'd eaten something didn't agree with me so I didn't get to show off.
However I go back out today and this Nokta just blows me away. I'm at a honey hole that's been pounded I mean hit hard with Garrett minelab white fisher over and over and I made it my goal to walk where we've been before dozens of times and I pulled up 2 civil war relics in 20 minutes. One is a star image rivet from a horse bridle and the other a horses bit side piece..both showed up at 36 cm or 14" deep and dug to that depth.
Being a new nokta owner is this depth normal? The pin point was almost dead on in depth and im not used to that with Garrett Fisher etc. Am I to expect this accuracy? I'm impressed already but this seems to be too good.

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you got lucky with the depth readings mine seems to be great sometimes then others it isn't (this is coin shooting). As far as hitting the missed goodies deep and shallow I think you will find this to be the norm and not the exception.

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Ps to bad about the bad guts I hate that and it seems to always happen at the worst times, but congrats on the nice relics.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We honestly have been all around this one part with every machine within the club of over a 100 active members. Minelabs of all kinds some with 20" coils, whites etc and this nokta popped stuff up that was deep I mean that should have shown up before now but the Nokta not only pocked it up but even showed a vdi to those depths. Only time I've done that was with my AT and a large Nel coil. I have to get used to this machine but im really impressed by its ability now

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had good VDIs at 8+ inches with mine (Frost wasn't out yet so I couldn't dig any deeper.) it makes me wonder how deep those high tones are that I get without the VDI. LOL I think that is a good problem to have. I only have around 5 to 6 hours on it but it just seems so intuitive to me, I know I have more to learn but I am already pretty confident in my ability to listen to what it is trying to tell me.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had good VDIs at 8+ inches with mine (Frost wasn't out yet so I couldn't dig any deeper.) it makes me wonder how deep those high tones are that I get without the VDI. LOL I think that is a good problem to have. I only have around 5 to 6 hours on it but it just seems so intuitive to me, I know I have more to learn but I am already pretty confident in my ability to listen to what it is trying to tell me.

I had a coin show an 86 87 @ 36 cm which is 14.5". This was my very first target with the machine so I had no idea what to expect. I got silver at that exact depth so I was seriously impressed considering I was using the standard coil. I have very little time on the machine now just a few hours and its showing targets at serious depths with vdi. I'm going to have to get this on video showing the depths. I've just not seen such a sensitive machine that's not all chatter and so accurate. Amazed is a good word to use here.

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think if Nokta/Makro keep it up they will be a force to reckon with.

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, I was reading your post and I like what I see. My Nokta Fors Core should be on the porch tomorrow according to FedEx. Looking forward to using it this weekend. Is there much of a learning curve to the setup?

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Set up is rather easy. If you watch the video it makes things so simple. The power setting when it boots up each time is set to 50 and it can do so much even at that setting of half power. Best thing to do is watch every YouTube video you can, search Nokta fors and that will get you going. Few guys good to watch are texastiger and NiagaracountyNY and I believe its relics1864. Those guys show you via tests and actual field hunts. Niagara actually shows a comparison between minelab ctx3030, deus, nokta fors core and few others, the test shows how stable and sensitive the Nokta is. I think I have a vdi chart that helps me check what's what since the machine is new. Not a hard machine to figure out at all but getting use to the vdi and what to expect when you set it up.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good report badger, i did some more separation tests on mine and its a bit slower than my G2. However it is very deep and sorts well through trash. By the way i dug a 13-14" hole in my test garden and dropped a quarter and buried it, no halo :occasion14: the detector picked up the quarter without a problem in DI2, gb-60, sens 97, mask 20, very impressive. I have mild soil by the way.

Last edited:

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you using the stock coil?

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only have the stock coil but intend to get the others. That mini DD coil is an amazing piece, the separation seems unmatched. The large coil is just crazy too that thing goes to deep like my big Nel coils too deep to want to dig.

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks mine came in Wednesday and I ran it in the back yard for a bit. Found a few pennies at 4" and another hit at 10" at 83 but didn't dig yet I used DI2. Was hoping to get out tomorrow but its snowing here and calling for high of 33 Saturday. Holding out for Sunday in the 50's.

WNCsweeper

Aug 4, 2013
Asheville, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core Pro pack × 2
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New nokta pinpointer came today and I love it. Had the fors core pro pack since sat and have used all the coils .I am totally amazed it's unbelievable. take about a week before you start listening to it and figuring out the new vdis. my new rig is complete ........it's all over but the digging and the jumping up and down!!!!!!. hunted out places are virgin again.

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for to it. Still snowing outside right now.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its just unreal what this thing can do as far as being so quick of a response and depth and separation between targets. You guys know that most machines if there is a target say a coin next to a nail it will pick the nail up but the Nokta actually picks up both even if the targets are on top of each other. Many ppl.are.saying that the Nokta is just as fast as the deus basically that they're the same machine on ability but the deus has all the little gimmicky extras and that the f75 upgraded is equal to or less than the nokta. I'm not badmouthing the machines im giving credit to because these are all great machines and the nokta needs to be recognized for what it is. This ma hine isn't out there like the others but slowly will gain recognition..as for me im sold im impressed and I will be taking that baby wherever I go to dig.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've watched some videos on YouTube that show the Fits Core blipping on iron targets when they are discriminated. Has anyone else experienced this, or does the discrimination do a good job of knocking out the iron?

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had some pipes hit in the 80s at 13 to 14" but they appear to be very on lines and probably are lead or contain lead. When I hit them they shined right up and appeared soft as metal. Nails you can mask right out.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had some pipes hit in the 80s at 13 to 14" but they appear to be very on lines and probably are lead or contain lead. When I hit them they shined right up and appeared soft as metal. Nails you can mask right out.

Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated!

WNCsweeper

Aug 4, 2013
Asheville, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core Pro pack × 2
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug little pieces of aluminum cans and they hit at 51...so I stopped digging 51s on that site and no more can slaw. It will hit on the littlest piece of things. With my coinmaster gt I never dug a high conductive target and had a nail in the hole. I do often now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread