Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you can, give us more detail on the depth and overall performance including your likes and dislikes of the Racer! Your feedback would be very beneficial! Thanks!

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks this detector is very nice for the dough. Done had one successful hunt with it. To me the best small coil coin IDing machine I've ever run or seen via you tube. It with small coil is a very good coin picker outer when hunting in iron and modern trash.

Better ID than a Minelab? That's a tall order. You should make some videos of your hunts, showing the ID screen on the targets.

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Better ID than a Minelab? That's a tall order. You should make some videos of your hunts, showing the ID screen on the targets.

It's a funny thing...If a good machine is introduced that has great depth and becomes popular, Minelab owners feel threatened that a better unit will outperform it...All the reviews seem positive so far but yet there is one diehard Minelab user on Youtube is quick to put it down... Even though we can't really speculate how good the Racer will be...it does seem impressive and we will know shortly from the reviews in North America. If it does out perform the Etrac or Explorer, there will be some upset Minelab users out there...Just sayin..

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The racer just came out. There is a handful of videos of it being used. I don't buy something based on what individuals say about the machine. Eventually there will be a lot more videos in different situations and people will be better informed. Not going to go out and spend 800 bucks until I see more videos. I watched many videos before j bought the deus.

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can, give us more detail on the depth and overall performance including your likes and dislikes of the Racer! Your feedback would be very beneficial! Thanks!

I am not the original poster but I can give you a few thoughts. I have about 20 hours swinging my racer now. Saturday I dug a wheatie at 10" it was on its side not flat and the VDI was solid and stable (2tone mode). I like the easy fast set up very simple to use. I hate the fact it loves bottle caps. I have dug more bottle caps than anything. I know digging trash is part of the game. I have read about how great the separation is but I personally think its not as good as fisher. Its not real common for me to have to dig past 6" most finds are just not that deep in areas I hunt. Fairly uncommon to dig to 10 or 12". I found a small ring today at 8" solid VDI but 8" any machine I own could have got that.

If someone likes minelab they would most likely hate the racer. The machine likes a fast swing speed.A few times on a target I was getting no VDI number swinging over target faster brought up VDI number.

If you collect bottle caps the racer is the machine for you. I have not figured out anyway to avoid digging so many caps short of just not digging penny and dime signals.

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you collect bottle caps the racer is the machine for you. I have not figured out anyway to avoid digging so many caps short of just not digging penny and dime signals.

This seems to be the curse of many machines.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curse of any machine with a dd coil. If you don't want to dig bottle caps buy a tesoro with a concentric coil

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's talk bottle caps with Racer. Here's the deal it's in the audio and the length of the audio. If you take a screw cap and any penny and lay them on the ground and sweep. You are going to notice 3 things. First the TID will be the same or close. The tone over the penny very clean vs the cap, and third the tone over the penny will not only be cleaner audio but shorter as well versus the cap. One exception: smashed caps will fool the TID and the audio. For the Racer owners/users out there. Try comparing say the penny and cap and see if you don't see and hear what I've talked about here. Many folks beginning with the Racers, it's understandable they wouldn't know the nuance of the machine with caps. The reason I have a head start is I've been running the Racer's big brother the Nokta CoRe unit. Both units are very close in performance and work the same so far for me over the bottle caps.

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I noticed the caps hit higher also.. They almost have a grungy high tone.. Still not liking the overload.. But working on getting over it..

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gonehunting I didn't care for the overload at first but have changed my mind I like it now.

tnsharpshooter I will check that out. I knew there had to be a way of getting around so many bottle caps just had not made the connection yet. Didn't help much I tried to hunt one site so trashy I struggled to find a place to ground balance. Looking back not a great idea using a new machine I am not used to.

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gonehunting I didn't care for the overload at first but have changed my mind I like it now.
You can lower the sens down to around 58 or even lower when you have a ton of surface trash.. that's about the only way I know to get around the overload tone..

Jack Flynn

Oct 18, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ah it's growing on ya isn't it! Below 70 actually 69 and if that doesn't do it below 40 actually 39 on gain will diminish a lot of it and hardly cut back on the depth at all. See the video I posted.
You can lower the sens down to around 58 or even lower when you have a ton of surface trash.. that's about the only way I know to get around the overload tone..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions