OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey, Bowwinkles, if you think the Nocta is complicated, try the Detector Pro Pistol probe, hold it with one hand so you can open the cover and turn it on with the other. Damn good range though, about 6" on a quarter. Shape can be a problem though, but if anyone asks me if that is a gun, I simply say, "Of course it is, its a coin shooter!"

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Bowwinkles, if you think the Nocta is complicated, try the Detector Pro Pistol probe, hold it with one hand so you can open the cover and turn it on with the other. Damn good range though, about 6" on a quarter. Shape can be a problem though, but if anyone asks me if that is a gun, I simply say, "Of course it is, its a coin shooter!"

Bought one and first day the door fell off and even though it had good depth the shoddy workmanship and appearance I exchanged it for another brand,

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chuckle if you must, but many find the two handed process that is needed to make this pointer function somewhat time consuming and bothersome. The day to day competition finds that there is some other manufactures that do not require this process they are also waterproof. Let us just leave it up to those new buyers to take all this data and make up their own mind. Back to the clay pits for you.

I read a post from you regarding the exact same problem you had with the Makro Pointer from memory - Apparently you only used it for under an hour - How long have you used the Nokta one for & why do you have to use two hands to change the settings?

You have done well to make the operation of one of these pointers out to be a complicated event, when it fact, they can easily be operated with one hand and they are built tough and waterproof making them a fantastic buy for the money.........

If I recall correctly, you also had a problem with the X-Pointer as well - perhaps it might be best for you to play with the single button pointers from now on to eleviate any more confusion you may experience

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used my Nokta pointer for hours this weekend and I don't recall ever having to use two hands on it, could be on just familiar picking up objects like this one handed.

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be honest I have had my Nokta only for a couple of weeks and I am still trying to see why some have to use two hands to operate it - Still it matters not any how as the majority of people I know were born with two hands anyways lol -

I have also found the Nokta to very sensitive to small gold

Thanks Dilek and Nokta for your fantastic service

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be honest I have had my Nokta only for a couple of weeks and I am still trying to see why some have to use two hands to operate it - Still it matters not any how as the majority of people I know were born with two hands anyways lol -

There's a guy on here that put out a video on YouTube showing the Nokta and the Garrett carrot. He made a vs video showing pros and cons of each. There was no bias shown but it clearly showed that the Nokta has superior sensitivity when it comes to objects. One test had 4 small pieces of copper which in the real world could be gold. These pieces ranged in size and the Garrett could only pick up 2 out of 4 in it's max setting but the Nokta could all 4 even in lower sensitivity settings.
I've mainly used Garrett products and I still use them but I stepped outside my comfort zone on products and gambled on a product I only knew of by video and have been very happy about Nokta's products. They make quality products and the more people learn about them the better off people will be. Not everything has to the same major 4 manufacturers.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Badger, tot lots require less depth and sensitivity like the Garret Propointer. The TRX I have is deep and sensitive. I can dummy it down to a Garret if need be, but I own both. I like the TRX as it takes AA batterys. I would like to see a comparison of the Nokota and the TRX. I also relic hunt and trx is a goto when I dig plugs. It lets me know if I can probe or Im gonna dig deep as the VDI is not always correct.

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you like your Nokta pointer then use it and enjoy it. My take is that if you have a base detector that goes deep and your hole is deep and your soil is clay based or wet then your gloves or hands will be dirty. When you reach to the bottom of a deep hole then your hand naturally migrates to the rear of the pointer. In your case that just happens to be where the recessed buttons are located. These recesses around the buttons is where the soil will collect. the Pointers that have the side buttons do not have that problem so they work even if soil collects in that area. The normal procedure with the Nokta is to dig the hole and clean out the loose dirt then stop, rotate to view the buttons, make your selection, hold that selection the required time for it to be entered, wait for it to come on. Now you can search for your find. Then Stop, rotate rotate to view buttons and shut off the pointer until the next time it is needed. If during this process the buttons get mud/soil covered, then there is a cleaning process that must be done in order to continue with your hunt. Even fellow hunters who have the manual dexterity to text at a good rate have difficulty trying to accomplish this task with one hand. Again, I say that if you like it keep it. It is just not for me, I would rather be detecting than having to deal with what I have described above.

Simply amazing

Last edited:
OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply amazing

LOL my thought too. Been using mine and I guess im very talented because I don't have issues. I may be a second slower using the nokta pointer but then again im not in a race and id rather have the capability than the speed but that's just me.

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You do not need to thank us for our service as it is simply part of our job and we owe it to our customers. As a matter of fact, we need to thank you for being a Nokta customer!

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro/Ace 350, Minelab CTX 3030/E-Trac/Excal II, White's Coinmaster GT, Nokta FORS CoRe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure if this was stated already as there are a lot of comments but the Nokta is a great pointer. Just wanted to make sure that everybody knows the Nokta Pointer is waterproof up to one meter. I'd be more than happy to assist anybody with questions if you have them about the pointer. I own one and love it.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

And thank you for those comments.
I too use one hand to operate my Nokta pointer.
From the first day I was recovering stuff effortlessly.
On full power it finds my target quickly, and the small objects
can't hide either...!
Love it!
This is my fourth pinpointer - White's Bullseye II and TWO black Garrett pointers.
so I'm hoping this one lasts the environmental abuse I subject it to - it should...!

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure if this was stated already as there are a lot of comments but the Nokta is a great pointer. Just wanted to make sure that everybody knows the Nokta Pointer is waterproof up to one meter. I'd be more than happy to assist anybody with questions if you have them about the pointer. I own one and love it.

down to 3 meter = 10ft

WNCsweeper

Aug 4, 2013
Asheville, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core Pro pack × 2
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had 2 go bad on me

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
If you like your Nokta pointer then use it and enjoy it. My take is that if you have a base detector that goes deep and your hole is deep and your soil is clay based or wet then your gloves or hands will be dirty. When you reach to the bottom of a deep hole then your hand naturally migrates to the rear of the pointer. In your case that just happens to be where the recessed buttons are located. These recesses around the buttons is where the soil will collect. the Pointers that have the side buttons do not have that problem so they work even if soil collects in that area. The normal procedure with the Nokta is to dig the hole and clean out the loose dirt then stop, rotate to view the buttons, make your selection, hold that selection the required time for it to be entered, wait for it to come on. Now you can search for your find. Then Stop, rotate rotate to view buttons and shut off the pointer until the next time it is needed. If during this process the buttons get mud/soil covered, then there is a cleaning process that must be done in order to continue with your hunt. Even fellow hunters who have the manual dexterity to text at a good rate have difficulty trying to accomplish this task with one hand. Again, I say that if you like it keep it. It is just not for me, I would rather be detecting than having to deal with what I have described above.

I take a piece of clear 2" shipping tape, cut it to the diameter of the end of the nokta, and poke a small hole where the speaker is. Works well keeping the dirt out of the buttons, and quiets the loud beeping it makes.

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have the Nocta pointer, and think its just great. Cant see myself using two hands to operate it though, no trouble holding it in your hand and using your thumb to operate the buttons. Did not know about the lanyard though, I would have thought that would have been included, everything else was.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread