Got any new makro racer videos?

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So hows the makro racer holding up so far to some of yall that have it? How do yall like it? Does the big coil discriminate good? If yall have any videos please post me them here. I cant wait to get my hands on one which will be next week hopefully, but may be the week after. Good luck to yall racer users. Ive watched all the videos on youtube and hope some new ones get made this weekend. To all that post videos thank yall! It will help me learn and maybe others decide.

Jack Flynn

Oct 18, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had one about a week to compliment my CoRe. If you have any doubts dismiss them. These Turk machines are some conductive finding monsters. Make sure you get an excellent set of headphones, this is an audio machine with the nuances it has audio wise, just like the CoRe. I'll be running mine tomorrow with the camera running so it might be tomorrow night before it is loaded on the tube. I'll be hunting a lot of trash........ The big coil meaning stock? Iran it a couple of days ago and it was a shock to me how good it separated in heavy trash. Dug a handful of older clad and a couple of wheats. Old place, silver is there, and CW stuff to boot.

OP
OP
D

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had one about a week to compliment my CoRe. If you have any doubts dismiss them. These Turk machines are some conductive finding monsters. Make sure you get an excellent set of headphones, this is an audio machine with the nuances it has audio wise, just like the CoRe. I'll be running mine tomorrow with the camera running so it might be tomorrow night before it is loaded on the tube. I'll be hunting a lot of trash........ The big coil meaning stock? Iran it a couple of days ago and it was a shock to me how good it separated in heavy trash. Dug a handful of older clad and a couple of wheats. Old place, silver is there, and CW stuff to boot.
Yes sir the the stock big coil. I gave up my t2 se for this I hope its better. The t2 was dissappointing to me. I plan on getting the small coil one day soon.

Jack Flynn

Oct 18, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rob a bank, steal lemonade money from the kids. The small coil is like nothing you've ever seen in trash. Simply amazing! The stock coil is fabulous also just in heavy trash a lot to digest coming through the headphones.

OP
OP
D

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever run a t2? Does the racer seem better in iron to you if you have? Thank mr. Flynn for your responses I cant wait to try it out im so excited! I hope it is really good in iron.

OP
OP
D

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out with my at pro earlier found 4 pennies and a dime at a house built in 1934. No wheats and no silver but I feel ill find some with the racer. They just tore the house down, so its a mess around it.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw one of Dirtfishing's videos on YouTube comparing the racer to the F19, and it appeared that the racer liked to call a bunch if junk targets in the lower 80s. Has anyone else experienced this?

OP
OP
D

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw one of Dirtfishing's videos on YouTube comparing the racer to the F19, and it appeared that the racer liked to call a bunch if junk targets in the lower 80s. Has anyone else experienced this?
Yea I watched that video. My at pro calls some trash targets in the 80s sometimes. Ive watched about as many videos as I could find on it. Alot of different targets do fall in the 80s with the racer. I too noticed that. Anyone else that has used one can comment?

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I will comment, Racer audio in 3 tone is unbelievable for IDing junk from the good stuff. TID too is unreal; especially with small coil. For new Racer users and future Racer users. A tip: take your unit with small coil (stock coil is you don't have a small coil) and get a dime, penny, quarter, screw tops, pull tabs, crown caps. Sweep all one at a time. Notice the sound and duration of the tone on the coins vs the other targets I mentioned (junk). Very different even when listening using external speaker. High(er) quality headphones will even make the difference you hear even more acute. In 3 tone Racer has the best audio on any detector I've ran.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes I will comment, Racer audio in 3 tone is unbelievable for IDing junk from the good stuff. TID too is unreal; especially with small coil. For new Racer users and future Racer users. A tip: take your unit with small coil (stock coil is you don't have a small coil) and get a dime, penny, quarter, screw tops, pull tabs, crown caps. Sweep all one at a time. Notice the sound and duration of the tone on the coins vs the other targets I mentioned (junk). Very different even when listening using external speaker. High(er) quality headphones will even make the difference you hear even more acute. In 3 tone Racer has the best audio on any detector I've ran.

Thank you, very helpful

OP
OP
D

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you I will try that when I get it. I hope to have it next week sometime. I traded my t2 for it I hope I made the right trade!

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Racer users/owners: I realize folks have budgets, but you need the small coil to get the everything out of your Racer. No if, ands, buts. or howevers. The small coil in heavy modern trash/heavy iron bits is TOPS. With the small coil attached you have a very special weapon for sucking goodies out of places most folks when detecting run from. Reason: there detectors many of them simply can't perform in such an environment. Cheers

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I've watched many of Dirtfishins videos and he is definitely partial towards Minelab and he seems to think that nothing is better than the Etrac. Here is one comparison of the Etrac and the Racer which proves otherwise.

OP
OP
D

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Second racer in the classifieds within a few day now im starting to have doubt.

Jack Flynn

Oct 18, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Second racer in the classifieds within a few day now im starting to have doubt.
Some aren't going to like them that's a gimme. The ones that spend a little time with them will love em I'm sure.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rob a bank, steal lemonade money from the kids. The small coil is like nothing you've ever seen in trash. Simply amazing! The stock coil is fabulous also just in heavy trash a lot to digest coming through the headphones.

Ok I robbed my kids piggy bank, ordered the baby DD and it should be here hopefully today. I've watched the YouTube videos so im having high hopes for this coil.
I plan on using it in something odd and rare. Have a house built pre 1800 that has a 3 hole out house. Even though it has three places to sit its not the most spacious to swing a full sized coil. I'm hoping the baby DD will be perfect for it. We've already found a matron head cent from outside the door of it so im getting antsy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread